This year we wanted to do something a bit different for New Years. It was decided that Walt Disney World would be the most magical place to ring in 2012! Neither of us have visited Walt Disney World Resort during the Holidays and this was more than a perfect opportunity to do so. Since they don’t take down many of the decorations until the beginning of January, we would have plenty of time to see and experience it all. Also there are many of the Christmas shows still happening!
The trip was a full seven days and only once did we leave the property (Outlet Shopping). The trip was really about seeing everything we could at the resort and also experiencing shows and sights we haven’t seen before at Walt Disney World. We did everything from Space Mountain to breakfast at Chef Mickey’s to the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian.
Our trip was magical, hectic, chaotic, and relaxing all at the same time, believe it or not. The holidays at Walt Disney World are something that is not to be missed. There’s nothing more amazing than viewing Cinderella’s Castle lit up with icicles and having a live DJ ring in the New Year with Mickey and friends! Don’t worry there’s plenty of music, video, and photos to share.
There were a few things we did more of this time around than the last few times we’ve visited. Had more photos with characters, it’s a ton of fun and when you interact with the characters it’s always a surprise to see how they react. A lot more table service, one can only handle so much counter service. Also, go to see more of other resorts to help us pick a resort we would love to stay at the next time we return!
As per my usual way of doing Trip Reports, this one will be no different. There will be eight different posts for each of the days we were there (I’m going to combine our arrival day with New Year Eve). They will be jam packed with photos, videos, and music for you all to enjoy.
Here’s a quick summary of the trip and what to expect in the upcoming posts!
Day One – December 30th – Arrival
- EPCOT & Candlelight Processional with Marlee Matlin
Day Two – December 31st – New Years Eve
- Magic Kingdom for 19 Hours
- Arrive at 7am for Rope Drop
- Watched almost every Christmas Entertainment playing throughout the day
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Cinderella’s Christmas Wish
- Holiday Wishes
- Fantasy in the Sky
- Electrical Parade
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- Experience an at capacity Magic Kingdom
- Live DJ spinning the latest in dance music at the stage in front of Cinderella’s Castle
- and much, much, more.
Day Three – January, 1st – New Years Day
- Waking up at 11am
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Walk to BoardWalk and view all the stores and restaurants
- Eat too much chocolate at the Italy Pavilion
- Biergarten in the German Pavilion
- Downtown Disney for shopping
Day Four – January, 2nd – Downtown Disney & Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Use 20% off coupon to purchase a ton of merchandise at DTD
- All the major attractions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Finding Nemo The Musical
- Met our first Disney Princess, Pocahontas
- Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade
- Attacked by a pair of Chipmunks
Day Five – January 3rd – EPCOT & Resort Hopping
- All the major attractions before lunch!
- Walked to the Dolphin and Swan Resorts
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Teppan Edo at the Japan Pavilion for dinner in EPCOT
- Sat beside a Cast Member and his wife that works on the costumes for Disney Parades
Day Six – January 4th – Chef Mickey’s & Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Breakfast with Mickey and Friends at Chef Mickey’s
- Donald wasn’t liking one of the items I was wearing ….
- Met Alice
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Toy Story Mania
Day Seven – January 5th – Backstage Magic Tour
- All day tour called Backstage Magic Tour (keeping the details for the post!)
- EPCOT and many beers from around the world *hiccup*
Day Eight – January 6th – One World, Four Parks
- Visit all four parks in one very jammed packed day!
That was a very short summary of our entire trip. I will be going into detail for each of those days! Make you check back often for the latest trip report.
Like what you read? Support us on Patreon and receive exclusive perks (who doesn’t ❤️ exclusive).