Visiting Japan with food allergies is a challenge, especially if you do not speak the language. Tokyo Disney Resort goes to great lengths to ensure guests are well taken care of. They have some detailed information on the official website in English. Here is what you need to know about dining at Tokyo Disney Resort with those that have food allergies in your party.
Select restaurants have a dietary menu available, which do not contain the following ingredients:
- Dairy Products
This special menu is found at the following restaurants. Please ask a Cast Member to order from this menu.
- East Side Cafe
- Center Street Coffeehouse
- Restaurant Hokusai
- Polynesian Terrace Restaurant
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Crystal Palace Restaurant (Disney Character Breakfast)
- Plaza Pavilion Restaurant
- The Diamond Horseshoe
- Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Grandma Sara’s Kitchen
- Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall
- Plaza Restaurant
- Ristorante di Canaletto
- Cafe Portofino
- Zambini Brothers’ Ristorante
- S.S. Columbia Dining Room
- Restaurant Sakura
- Horizon Bay Restaurant
- Yucatan Base Camp Grill
- Casbah Food Court
- Vulcania Restaurant
Specified Allergenic Ingredients
Restaurants in Japan have to display the following ingredients on all dishes. Please ask a Cast Member if you are unsure if a dish contains any of these known allergens.
- Salted Salmon Roe
- Japanese Yams
- Matsutake Mushrooms
Inform a Cast Members that you have an allergy before standing in line or ordering. This is easier said than done. If you do not speak Japanese, there is potential for communication issues. Many Cast Members will speak some level of English. We even have some phrases for dinning in general you can utilize. But if you want to ensure to be understood, you can use the following phrases. Japanese pronunciation is in the middle with the Japanese on the right, which you can show a Cast Member if you need to.
I am allergic to [allergen]
May I see the special menu please. Because I have allergies.
tokubetsu no menu onegaishimasu. watashi wa aregi ga arimasu kara.
- You may bring in your own snacks, but if you bring in a full meal there are designated picnic areas. These are located outside of both parks, check the park map for locations.
- Asking reception at your hotel for recommendations where to purchase food at a grocery store or convenience store.
- Ikisipari has a full grocery store in the basement. Here you can find, somewhat, familiar food to purchase. English-speaking staff will be hit or miss, so you may have to rely on your own. You can use some of the phrases we listed above.
Visiting Tokyo Disney Resort with allergies will have its challenges but it not impossible to do. With our above phrases and the excellent information on the official website (Disneyland and DisneySea) you can rest assured that the Cast Members will go to great lengths to ensure your safely. Just make sure you are well-informed before you go.