Disney Pirates Summer is back at Tokyo DisneySea from July 9 to September 1, 2019, with pirate encounters, merchandise, food, and action-packed entertainment.
The highlight is undoubtedly the Pirates Summer Battle “Get Wet!” The wet and wild harbour show stars Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa, along with 90 performers. Check out all the details below.
Meanwhile at Tokyo Disneyland, Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer features a brand new night-time castle show.
Pirates Summer Battle “Get Wet!”
Captain Barbossa and his crew take control of Porto Paradiso in the Mediterranean Harbor and train guests to be pirates. Just when Barbossa thinks everything is going smoothly, Captain Jack Sparrow arrives and the battle begins!
With stunts, pirate ships racing around the harbour, and lots of splashing water, this show is a must-see.
There are dedicated viewing areas which have the best views and almost guarantee you will get wet. Enter the lottery at Biglietteria in the Mediterranean Harbor area to win a spot in the viewing area.
Pirates Summer Battle “Get Wet!” will be performed three times each day and features 90 performers!
The pirates take over DisneySea with skull-and-crossbones flags and decorations across the harbour. Roaming pirates will meet guests and train them to join their crew. You might even meet Captain Jack himself!
Disney Pirates Summer at Tokyo DisneySea also includes:
- Pirate ship photo location
- 70 new merchandise items (available from July 8, 2019) – See the full range
- Mickey and Friends pirate designs on T-shirts, pirate ear caps, towels
- Pirates of the Caribbean clothing and merchandise
- Pirate Mickey game
- 16 pirate-themed meals, snacks, and drinks (available from July 8, 2019) – Check out the menu
- Battered fish fillet and pasta set at Cafe Portofino
- New dishes at New York Deli and Mamma Biscotti’s Bakery
- New pirate cocktails – no details yet, but we hope there’s rum!
- Special menus at the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta
- Disney Pirates Summer Disney Resort Line ticket
Information and Images from the Tokyo Disney Resort media release.
Summer at Tokyo Disney Resort
- Duffy’s Sunny Fun (June 6 – August 27, 2019)
- Funtime with Toy Story 4 (June 14 to September 1, 2019)
- Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer (July 9 to September 1, 2019)
- Disney Pirates Summer (July 9 to September 1, 2019)
- Soaring: Fantastic Flight (Opens July 23, 2019)
- Song of Mirage (Opens July 23, 2019)
More Things to Do in Tokyo
My recommendations for things to do in and around Tokyo! Plan a day at the Hello Kitty theme park, Sanrio Puroland, and an afternoon at the popular TeamLab Planets TOKYO. Take a tour around Tokyo with the convenient hop-on and-off bus. Spend a rainy afternoon inside Japan’s largest indoor theme park, Tokyo Joyoplis, near Tokyo Disney!
More on Tokyo Disney Resort
Tokyo Disney Resort Guidebook
Are you planning a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort? If so, you need our digital guidebook! Our guidebook is the most comprehensive resource available, covering everything you need to know about the park, including tickets, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shows, seasonal events, and more! With our guidebook, you’ll be an expert on Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea before you even set foot in the Parks. You’ll know what to expect, where to go, and what to do. You’ll also be able to avoid the crowds and make the most of your time.
Get tickets for Tokyo Disney Resort
It’s vital to buy your tickets ahead of time for Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. Read our comprehensive guide on tickets to learn how to purchase tickets. For recommendations on SIM cards, portable Wi-Fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Learn more about Tokyo Disney Resort
Want more Tokyo Disney content? Browser our dedicated page for everything Tokyo Disney Resort!
Enjoy our content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you content to help you plan your trip!
Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Please read our full disclosure for more details.