Tokyo Disneyland’s new summer event, Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer, runs from July 9 to September 1, 2019, with decorations, merchandise, food, and a brand new night-time castle show!
The event has a bright and colourful jungle theme, with Mickey, Donald and friends appearing in new costumes and leaf & feather headdresses – perfect for the hot Japanese summer. Check out the highlights and details below.
While Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer is at Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea will host the return of Disney Pirates Summer and the debut of Duffy’s Sunny Fun. Then on July 23, 2019, Soaring: Fantastic Flight and the Song of Mirage show open at DisneySea too!
Oh! Summer Banzai!
Join Donald, Mickey and friends for a high-energy party in the jungle.
Oh! Summer Banzai! is the first show on the Cinderella Castle stage in six years! It will feature lively music, flames shooting into the sky, blasts of water, and projection mapping across the stage and castle.
The show will be performed twice each evening by 45 performers. Characters joining the party include Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Clarice.
Judy and Nick’s Jumpin’ Splash
Judy and Nick’s Jumpin’ Splash helps guests stay cool with a healthy dose of water.
The daytime show will be performed four times a day in front of Cinderella’s Castle and will feature the song “Try Everything” from the movie.
The performance is only about 10 minutes long, so we’re expecting a fun atmosphere show rather than a full production.
Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer also includes:
- Decorations at Disneyland’s main entrance will feature Donald and friends in their jungle-inspired outfits
- 80 new merchandise items (available from July 8, 2019) – See the full range
- Character plush badges, Donald body pillow and tissue box cover
- Glow bracelets to help guests get ready for the after dark party
- T-shirts, shorts and towels
- 12 limited-time meals, snacks and drinks (available from July 8, 2019) – Check out the menu
- Hot dogs with vegetable sauce in a red bun
- Lemon, raspberry and blue syrup soft drinks
- Donald Duck-inspired desserts that come with a souvenir cup or souvenir plate
- Special menus at the Disney Ambassador Hotel and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
- Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer Disney Resort Line ticket
Information and Images from the Tokyo Disney Resort media release.
Summer at Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tanabata Days (June 6 – July 7, 2019)
- Duffy’s Sunny Fun (June 6 – August 27, 2019)
- Funtime with Toy Story 4 (June 14 to September 1, 2019)
- Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer (July 9 to September 1, 2019)
- Disney Pirates Summer (July 9 to September 1, 2019)
- Soaring: Fantastic Flight (Opens July 23, 2019)
- Song of Mirage (Opens July 23, 2019)
Are you planning a trip to Japan?
Take the anxiety out of planning a trip to Japan with our premium ebook travel guides on Tokyo Disney Resort & Universal Studios Japan. Our guides have everything you need to know from the best times to visit, what hotel to choose, what to do, what to eat, and tons more! With nearly 2000 copies sold, our premium guides have become an essential tool for Explorers!
Get all your discount tickets for Tokyo Disneyland, Robot Restaurant, Universal Studios Japan, and more through our tickets page (includes an exclusive discount code). For my personal recommendations on SIM cards, portable wi-fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Do you love exclusive and early access to content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you free and continuous content to help you plan your trip.
Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. At no extra cost to you, buying services through these links help support TDR Explorer. Please read our full disclosure for more details.