Tokyo Disneyland’s new summer event, Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer, runs from July 9 to September 1, 2019, with decorations, merchandise, food, and a brand new night-time castle show!
The event has a bright and colourful jungle theme, with Donald and friends appearing in new costumes and leaf & feather headdresses – perfect for the hot Japanese summer. Check out the highlights and details below.
While Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer is at Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea is hosting the return of Disney Pirates Summer and the debut of Duffy’s Sunny Fun. Both parks are also celebrating Funtime with Toy Story 4. Then on July 23, 2019, Soaring: Fantastic Flight and the Song of Mirage show open at DisneySea too!
Oh! Summer Banzai!
Join Donald, Mickey and friends for a high-energy party in the jungle.
Oh! Summer Banzai! is the first show on the Cinderella Castle stage in six years! It will feature lively music, flames shooting into the sky, blasts of water, and projection mapping across the stage and castle.
The show is performed twice each evening by 45 performers. Characters joining the party include Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Clarice.
Judy and Nick’s Jumpin’ Splash
Judy and Nick’s Jumpin’ Splash helps guests stay cool with a healthy dose of water.
The daytime show will is performed four times a day in front of Cinderella’s Castle and features the song “Try Everything” from the movie.
Judy and Nick’s Jumpin’ Splash is a simple show rather than a full production.
Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer also includes:
- Decorations at Disneyland’s main entrance feature Donald and friends in their jungle-inspired outfits
- 80 new merchandise items – See the full range
- Character plush badges, Donald body pillow and tissue box cover
- Glow bracelets to help guests get ready for the after-dark party
- T-shirts, shorts and towels
- 12 limited-time meals, snacks and drinks – Check out the menu
- Hot dogs with vegetable sauce in a red bun
- Lemon, raspberry and blue syrup soft drinks
- Donald Duck-inspired desserts that come with a souvenir cup or souvenir plate
- Special menus at the Disney Ambassador Hotel and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
- Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer Disney Resort Line ticket
Information and Images from the Tokyo Disney Resort media release.
Summer at Tokyo Disney Resort
- Duffy’s Sunny Fun (June 6 – August 27, 2019)
- Funtime with Toy Story 4 (June 14 to September 1, 2019)
- Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer (July 9 to September 1, 2019)
- Disney Pirates Summer (July 9 to September 1, 2019)
- Soaring: Fantastic Flight (Opens July 23, 2019)
- Song of Mirage (Opens July 23, 2019)
More Things to Do in Tokyo
My recommendations for things to do in and around Tokyo! Plan a day at the Hello Kitty theme park, Sanrio Puroland, and an afternoon at the popular TeamLab Planets TOKYO. Take a tour around Tokyo with the convenient hop-on and-off bus. Spend a rainy afternoon inside Japan’s largest indoor theme park, Tokyo Joyoplis, near Tokyo Disney!
More on Tokyo Disney Resort
Tokyo Disney Resort Guidebook
Are you planning a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort? If so, you need our digital guidebook! Our guidebook is the most comprehensive resource available, covering everything you need to know about the park, including tickets, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shows, seasonal events, and more! With our guidebook, you’ll be an expert on Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea before you even set foot in the Parks. You’ll know what to expect, where to go, and what to do. You’ll also be able to avoid the crowds and make the most of your time.
Get tickets for Tokyo Disney Resort
Buying your tickets for Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea ahead of time is vital. Read our comprehensive guide on tickets to learn how to purchase tickets. For recommendations on SIM cards, portable Wi-Fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Learn more about Tokyo Disney Resort
Want more Tokyo Disney content? Browse our dedicated page for everything about Tokyo Disney Resort!
Enjoy our content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you content to help you plan your trip!
Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Please read our full disclosure for more details.