This is no longer offered as of April 1, 2018. It’s not known if this will come back in 2019. We’ll update this if anything changes.
If you are Disney pin collector, then you may have heard about the Tokyo Disney Resort Monorail Pin. It is pin exclusive to Tokyo Disney Resort and is only obtainable by trading in monorail passes. Each fiscal year, a new pin is issued giving collectors another reason to visit the resort.
Information is available only in Japanese, but luckily you follow us and we will explain it all in English for you!
How To Get the Pin
The only way to get this pin is by trading in 3 “free pass” monorail tickets at the ticket booth located outside the monorail station in Ikspirari. “Free Pass” means a pass that has unlimited use during its duration. You can use the following tickets:
- One Day Passes
- Multi-Day Passes
- These can be the passes from your hotel stay or vacation package
- You must exchange 3 separate passes—regardless of their duration—in order to receive the pin.
- Tickets must be dated between May 1st and March 31st for that year (fiscal year)
- Example: Tickets dated between May 1st, 2015 to March 31st, 2016 are eligible for the 2015 pin
- All tickets MUST have different starting dates on them
- Tickets MUST have been expired
- Meaning if you bought a 1-day free pass ticket, you can only trade it in after that day
- Single ride tickets cannot be used
- You must exchange at the monorail station. The booth is located to the left of the ticket gates in the Ikpsirari entrance.
- You can keep the passes after the Cast Member punches a tiny hole in the bottom corner of them. They will explain this to you.
- Three One-Day Free Pass Tickets
- April 2nd, 2015
- May 23rd, 2015
- May 30th, 2015
How to Ask
If you are wanting to try out your Japanese, then you can say the following to the Cast Member:
- peen bah-gee kudasai
- I would like the pin badge, please
It is that simple, and enjoy your exclusive Tokyo Disney Resort Pin! Have you gotten yours yet? Share your photos in the comments!