The TDR Explorer Guide to Tokyo Disney Resort
Learn all my best tips to conquer the Parks
Over 1000 copies sold!
Tokyo Disney Resort is often considered home to the best two Disney Parks in the world — Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. Impeccable customer service, cleanliness, world-class entertainment, an endless stream of merchandise, and mouth-watering food are all reasons why it is one of my favourite places in the world. The painstaking attention to detail and my obsession with cute and delicious food keeps me walking through the turnstiles every chance I get.
For many people, Tokyo Disney Resort is intimidating. They feel it is a difficult — or even impossible — place to visit. The Parks are busy, have unfamiliar food, and then there’s that language barrier.
Tokyo Disney Resort and its two Parks have so much to offer that it’s easy to miss out on a lot of it during your visit.
I have visited Tokyo Disney Resort for years and have gained extensive knowledge on how to enjoy the Parks to their fullest — from the best spots for parades, where to get the most delicious snacks, and how to deal with the crowds.
My guide gives you the confidence to go from knowing nothing about the Parks to navigating them as if you’ve been visiting for years.
My name is Chris — aka TDR Explorer — and I began visiting Tokyo Disney Resort back in 2010. Since then I have visited the Parks countless times. I made the jump to live in Tokyo in 2013 and have visited Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea on a regular basis.
I’ll teach you the ins and outs of the Resort, give you tips based off years of experience (and knowledge of Japanese culture), share with you the most delicious places to eat and the best attractions and shows, and give you advice on how to plan your trip from start to finish, all while saving money.
This guide is meant for anyone who wants to maximize their time while at Tokyo Disney Resort. Whether it’s your first trip or thirty-third, you’ll learn ways to use your time effectively.
What’s in this guide?
- A history of Tokyo Disney Resort – How the first overseas Disney Park came to fruition is fascinating and helps you appreciate the Parks even more.
- Best times to visit – A detailed breakdown of every month of the year, plus I’ll tell you the best times to visit to avoid crowds, the heat, the cold, and anything else I can think of.
- Both Parks explained – A list of all the attractions, restaurants, and entertainment at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
- Hotel recommendations – No matter your budget, I have recommendations for hotels ranging from the high-end Disney Hotels to the budget no-frills accommodations and everything in between.
- Custom Park maps – Professionally crafted custom Park maps and a transportation map.
- Character greetings – A list of current character greetings and how you can meet your favourite character(s).
- Merchandise explained – Where to buy all that cute merchandise that you see on Instagram.
- Transportation – A thorough explanation of how to use transportation in Japan and how to get to Tokyo Disney Resort from the airport.
- Suggested budgets – If you’re traveling on a budget or embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, I’ll give you a range of budgets so you know how much to save.
- Multi-day itineraries – Recommended itineraries for up to four days.
- Food recommendations – I love to eat and I want your culinary experience to be memorable. From my recommended snacks to my favourite restaurants, you’ll never be left hungry.
- Practical information – Tips and advice for both Japan and Tokyo Disney Resort, because things do go wrong sometimes.
- Japanese phrases – Easy-to-learn phrases that are relevant to your time at Tokyo Disney Resort and throughout Japan. Learn how to ask for the front row!
- Japan A to Z – An explanation of how everyday things work in Japan. Tips for everything from what adapters you need for your electronics to how to use a Japanese toilet.
Start Your Planning Now!
I’ve packed a wealth of knowledge into this guide, which will help you go from dreaming to planning to visiting. This downloadable PDF is simple to read on any of your devices, and you can even use it offline without an internet connection.
What’s the difference in the information in this guidebook compared to this website?
While the website does offer an endless amount of information about Tokyo Disney Resort, it doesn’t offer food recommendations for every restaurant, multi-day itineraries, suggested budgets, custom Park maps, and easy-to-digest and detailed explanations on important aspects of the Resort. The website also doesn’t have general information for travel to Japan that every traveler needs to know (visa, Japanese toilets, earthquakes, etc). There’s so much information in this guide that it wouldn’t fit in multiple blog posts.
Are there photos in this guide?
I wanted to keep this guidebook as portable as possible while being jam-packed with information. For that reason, I decided not to include photos. This allows us to keep the file size down so you’re able to have it on any device without worrying about space (or even re-downloading it without using up your data). If you’re looking for photos, I post our best ones on Instagram.
However, I wanted to make sure you were able to find your way around Tokyo and the Parks as easily as possible, and that’s why you’ll find professionally created, custom maps to help you visualize the Parks and to simplify transportation.
What makes you an expert on the Disney Parks in Asia?
I’ve been living in Japan for over four years and have visited Tokyo Disney Resort since 2010. I have over 101 visits under my belt and love learning new ways to maximize my time at the Parks. Anything I recommend in the guidebook are my personal favourites, and I stand by them.
How often is this guide updated?
The guide is updated annually with a new edition.
Is this available in print?
At the moment, this guidebook is only available as a downloadable PDF.
Is this available to download from Amazon, Kindle Store, or any other platform?
At the moment, this guidebook is only available through our website. You can put this e-book on any device that is able to display pdf files. Here’s how to add it to iBooks on your device.
If I have questions, comments, or concerns, can I contact you?
Of course! The best way is through email: [email protected]
For more information about refunds and delivery read our notification of Specified Commercial Transactions Act.