Hong Kong Disneyland’s Chinese New Year celebrations start January 18 through March 4, 2018! The festivities include special decorations, character greetings, and a brand new Chinese New Year Night Market.
Here are the highlights of this year’s event. For full details see the Hong Kong Disneyland press release.
Hong Kong Disneyland is celebrating Chinese New Year with a mix of authentic traditions and Disney magic. To mark the Year of the Dog, everyone’s favorite Disney dogs are taking center stage. God of Fortune Goofy will offer guests new years blessings at The Annex. While Main Street, U.S.A. will display Pluto-themed Lunar New Year decorations.
Mickey, Minnie, and other Disney favorites will also dress in special festive outfits, including StellaLou, who is celebrating her first Chinese New Year.
Chinese New Year Night Market
For the first time, a traditional Chinese New Year Night Market will take place at Hong Kong Disneyland. Every evening, festive stalls will pop up along the Plaza and Main Street U.S.A. selling Chinese New Year snacks and gifts. Seasonal atmosphere entertainment will help get the festivities started.
A quick summary of Hong Kong Disneyland’s Chinese New Year celebrations.
- God of Fortune Goofy greeting at The Annex
- Pluto Year of the Dog decorations on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Brand-new Chinese New Year Night Market selling traditional snacks and gifts, including;
- Mickey-shaped maltose toast, Mickey-shaped red bean pudding, and egg puffs
- Disney greeting windmill, Disney blessing ornaments, and goodie bags
- Mickey and friends wearing their Chinese New Year costumes
- During Lunar New Year (February 16-20) guests receive a lai see packet with a chocolate gold coin and merchandise coupon
- Over 70 Chinese New Year snacks and meals
- More than 40 merchandise items including “101 Dalmatians” plush toys, Chinese New Year Pluto, and StellaLou traditional Chinese dress.
Planning your trip to Hong Kong Disneyland? Read our Ultimate Guide to Hong Kong Disneyland to learn everything you need before your trip. Including discount park tickets, where to eat, where to stay, and what wi-fi and SIM Card to get!
To learn more about the Disney Parks in Asia, sign up for our mailing list to get the best in advice and updates sent right to your inbox!