Hong Kong Disneyland’s Chinese New Year celebration is underway until February 24, 2019, with festive entertainment, traditional decorations, food, and of course, merchandise.
The event is a great way to see the traditions of celebrating the new year, but with a Disney twist. This year is the Year of the Pig and so the Three Little Pigs are taking center stage with a new greeting and decorations across the park. But the highlight this year has to be the new “God of Fortune Goofy Celebration Moment”. See all the details below.
As well as celebrating Chinese New Year, Hong Kong Disneyland is also marking Valentine’s Day with over 40 special merchandise items and a dinner at the resort hotels.
Not sure when to visit Hong Kong Disneyland then read our Hong Kong Disneyland Ultimate Trip Planning Guide 2019 for tips and recommendation
Entertainment and Greetings
To celebrate the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs are visiting Hong Kong Disneyland. Guests can meet them at a special greeting in Fantasy Gardens and there are pig-themed decorations on Main Street USA too.
To get the new year off to a great start, Goofy stars as the God of Fortune in a brand new show. God of Fortune Goofy Celebration Moment features traditional Chinese New Year songs, dance, and costumes. Guest can join the dance and receive some extra good luck from Goofy himself. The show is performed twice a day on the Castle Hub Stage.
Chinese New Year at Hong Kong Disneyland also includes:
- Decorations on Main Street USA featuring the Three Little Pigs
- Visit between 5-9 February and receive a special Lai See packet with a chocolate coin and food and merchandise coupon
- Greetings with characters in festive costumes
- Mickey, Minnie, Duffy, and friends in new outfits
- Meet God of Fortune Goofy and receive a special gift
- Performers in traditional Chinese New Year attire deliver surprises to guest around the park
- More than 60 Festive food and drink items
- Gold ingot, ingot pudding, wishing fish and lucky mousse cup at Main Street Bakery
- Chinese New Year set at Main Street Corner Cafe
- Chinese New Year Platter or Lo Hei special at Studio Lounge in Disney’s Hollywood Hotel
- “Mini Treasure Pot” at Hollywood & Dine in Disney’s Hollywood Hotel
- “Everything Goes Well” dinner set with nine dishes at Crystal Lotus in the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
- “Golden House” set menu at World of Color Restaurant in Disney Explore’s Lodge
- Over 50 Merchandise Items. Including:
- Plush toys, accessories, apparel, stationery, pins, home decor
- Duffy and friends plush, keychains, bags and Tsum Tsum in traditional Chinese costumes
- Hamm the pig plush for HK$68 when spending at least HK$200
- Traditional gifts such a candy and cookie boxes, lai see packet and “fai chun” banner with a lucky message.
- Chinese New Year room overlay in all three resort hotels
- Festive activities for hotel guests
- Disney Lion Dance tour (February 5 only)
- Chinese New Year Choir
- Disney Traditional New Year Market
- Valentine’s Day treats
- Over 40 new merchandise items, including Mickey and Minnie, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet, and Duffy and friends
- Valentine’s Day dinner at Studio Lounge, Walt’s Cafe or World of Color Restaurant
Information and images from the Hong Kong Disneyland media release.
Planning your trip to Hong Kong Disneyland? Read our Ultimate Guide to Hong Kong Disneyland to learn everything you need before your trip, including how to get discount park tickets, where to eat, and where to stay!