Disney Christmas returns to Hong Kong Disneyland from November 15 – January 1, 2019, with festive entertainment, new decorations, food, and of course merchandise.
The highlights are “Mickey and Friends Christmastime Ball” stage show and the evening time “Holiday Wish-Come-True” Tree Lighting Ceremony. Check out all the details below.
Not sure when to visit Hong Kong Disneyland then read our Hong Kong Disneyland Ultimate Trip Planning Guide 2019 for tips and recommendations.
Mickey and Friends Christmastime Ball
Mickey and friends invite guests to a festive celebration and bring Christmas wishes to life. The show features Christmas music, quartet singers, dancers, and Mickey and friends in special holiday outfits. Characters include Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip, Dale, Duffy, ShellieMay, Gelatoni and StellaLou, and for the first time, Duffy’s new friend, Cookie.
Mickey and Friends Christmastime Ball is a daytime show and is performed on the new Castle Hub Stage. The old castle stage is currently undergoing a transformation as part of the preparations for Hong Kong Disneyland’s new castle!
“A Holiday Wish-Come-True” Tree Lighting Ceremony
As night falls, Mickey and friends bring guests to Main Street USA for two-holiday celebrations. First, A Magical Twilight Snowfall sees festive performers with lanterns parade into Town Square to welcome the first flurry of snowflakes along with Mickey and Minnie.
Next, with everyone gathered, the “Holiday Wish-Come-True” Tree Lighting Ceremony will Illuminate the park’s tree and Main Street Train Station with spectacular Christmas lights. The ceremony is led by Mickey and friends, and features live music and performers.
A Disney Christmas at Hong Disneyland also includes
- New Fantasy Gardens Holiday Market
- Special Christmas gifts and snacks
- Decorated with over-sized holiday ornaments and sparkling lights
- Greetings with characters in festive costumes
- Santa Goofy at the Christmas Post Office on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Mickey, Minnie, and friends
- Duffy, ShellieMay, Gelatoni, StellaLou, and Cookie
- New Decorations across the park, including new giant ornaments and LED lights on the Christmas tree
- More than 80 Festive food and drink items – See the full Selection
- Mickey and Minnie-themed marshmallow and crispy rice lollipops
- Christmas afternoon tea or dinner sets at Walt’s Cafe in the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel – Check out the hotels’ menu
- Special drinks at the resort hotels
- Mickey’s Fun Party with strawberry
- Iced Chocolate Cheese Cake
- Over 100 Merchandise Items – See the full range
- Holiday-themed merchandise with Disney characters in their Christmas outfits
- Mickey and Minnie Plush
- Tsum Tsum advent calendar
- Disney character Christmas ornaments
- Card making kit
- Collectible Christmas souvenirs at the resort hotels, including amenities box, Disney slippers, and door sticker
- Festive activities for hotel guests
- Sing along with Goofy at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel,
- Christmas journey with festive gifts at Disney’s Hollywood Hotel
- Make a Disney snowman cupcake at Disney Explorers Lodge
For more details on Christmas at Hong Kong Disney Resort check out
- Christmas Merchandise 2018 (Mickey, Duffy, & Tsum Tsum)
- Christmas Food & Popcorn Buckets 2018
- Christmas 2018 Hotels Food & Drink
- “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” celebrates 90 years of Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” Merchandise & Food
Information and images from the Hong Kong Disneyland media release.
Planning your trip to Hong Kong Disneyland? Read our Ultimate Guide to Hong Kong Disneyland to learn everything you need before your trip, including how to get discount park tickets, where to eat, and where to stay!