The Villains are back! Halloween Time Hong Kong Disneyland offers fun and family-friendly entertainment with a focus on your favourite Disney villains.
Halloween Time runs from now until October 31, 2021, at Hong Kong Disneyland. Returning this year is the popular Mickey’s Halloween Time Street Party and “Let’s Get Wicked” stage show.
Our guide to Disney Halloween Time at Hong Kong Disneyland covers things you need to know, along with our best tips and recommendations. Make sure to study this carefully to maximize your day during their Halloween event!
Table of contents
Things to Know
Before we get into the details, here are a few things to know:
- There is no Halloween Party, unlike the US parks.
- Halloween offerings are included in your park admission (some activities may be an extra charge).
- Hong Kong Disneyland is offering a “Double the Fun” Special Offer to visit the park twice for only HK$699 to enjoy the Halloween and Christmas seasons.
- This offer is only applicable to Hong Kong Residents with valid proof of identification. The purchase period starts now and last through January 18, 2022. Offer is subject to terms and conditions. Please visit the official website for details.
- Hong Kong Disneyland are offering a VIP Halloween experience this year with the Disney “Priority Special+.
- With this special pass, guests can enjoy priority access to eight selected attractions and one-time priority seating to the “Let’s Get Wicked” musical show.
Images and information contained within this article are from the Official Hong Kong Disneyland Website.
Hong Kong Disneyland sure has served up a real feast this Halloween! Halloween offerings can be found at the Main Street Corner Cafe, Plaza Inn on Main Street and, Tahitian Terrace, and Karibuni Marketplace in Adventureland. Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Explorers Lodge are also offering special Halloween menus.
It’s not Halloween at Disney without Merchandise! With over 100 items, there truly is something for everybody with this years’ Halloween Time collection. From Duffy and Friends to Nightmare Before Christmas, you’re sure to find something to throw your credit card at!
Pro Tip: Remember when paying with a credit card to choose Hong Kong Dollars to avoid foreign transaction fees with most cards (check with your bank first).
Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween entertainment is truly next level. From Mickey’s Halloween Time Street Party to the return of the popular stage show “Let’s Get Wicked,” there’s a lot to take in during your time at Hong Kong Disneyland. Here’s a look at your entertainment options! For show schedules make sure to check the official Hong Kong Disneyland website and app.
Mickey’s Halloween Time Street Party
“Let’s Get Wicked” Stage Show
“Let’s Get Wicked” returns to Theater in the Wild in Adventureland (the same theater where Festival of the Lion King is), which is transformed into a lair for the show. You’ll be able to see Ursula, Cruella de Vil, Dr. Facilier, Gaston, and Mother Gothel perform well-known villain songs.
Trick or Treating
During the day, visitors can take part in Trick Or Treating at Festival Gardens in Fantasyland. Young guests can create their own trick-or-treat bags and get their sugar fix at special candy stations
Character Meet and Greets
Hong Kong Disneyland offers a large number of character greeting experiences that are specific for Halloween. From Disney Villains to Mickey and friends in their Halloween costumes, here’s a breakdown of the different character greetings.
- Wicked Fun Party Zone (Adventureland) featuring Cruella de Ville, Maleficent, Loki and other surprise villains
- Vamperina (The Annex)
- Halloween Time Festival Gardens (Fantasyland) featuring The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hades from Hercules, Jafar from Aladdin, Captain Hook from Peter Pan and the Big Bad Wolf from the classic The Three Little Pigs.
Halloween Time Decorations
From the pumpkins at the park entrance, down Main Street U.S.A. to the hub area, you will find the majority of this year’s Halloween decorations. The gigantic Mickey pumpkin on Main Street is always a popular photo spot. More Halloween decorations are peppered throughout other lands including Toy Story Land and Festival Gardens in Fantasyland.
Halloween at the Disney Hotels
If you’re staying at one of the Disney Hotels then you’ll find not only Halloween decorations but also arts and crafts and other treats. In addition to the Halloween-themed food and beverages mentioned above, guests can extend the Halloween fun with Halloween-themed recreation activities.
Halloween Time activities include the Disney Villains Wicked Night, the Disney Evil Gathering, and the Halloween Time Trick-or-Treat Trail. Body painting specialists will be at Storybook Playroom at the Kong Kong Disneyland Hotel to show young guests how to enhance their outfits with Halloween-themed merchandise and tattoo stickers.
Best Time to Visit
The weather is still hot in September and October with an average of 27°C (81°F) and 26°C (80°F) with high humidity. It doesn’t rain as much in October compared to September.
The best days to visit are Tuesday-Friday to avoid crowds (not that Hong Kong gets especially busy compared to other Disney Parks, but weekends are always busier in general). I suggest visiting near the end of October due to the cooling weather and you skip Golden Week, which makes both Hong Kong and Shanghai rather busy.
September is also fine as there are no major holidays, but if you don’t like the heat and humidity, then it’s best to go with October.
Recommendations & Tips
If anything, just follow these points to make the most of your time:
- Always check the times guide to make sure you don’t miss out on anything
- Arrive 30 minutes before park opening to get photos with characters on Main Street U.S.A. in costumes
- Check out the Market House Bakery for Halloween-themed baked goods
- Have dinner/lunch at either the Main Street Cafe, Plaza Inn, Tahitian Terrace, and Karibuni Marketplace and enjoy their Halloween special menus
- Festival Gardens in Fantasyland and Wicked Fun Party Zone in Adventureland is where you will find most Villains for greetings
Planning your trip to Hong Kong Disneyland? Read our Ultimate Guide to Hong Kong Disneyland to learn everything you need before your trip. Including discount park tickets, where to eat, where to stay, and what wifi and SIM Card to get.