Back in November 2016, Hong Kong Disneyland announced their plans for a large multi-year development for the park. This included a transformation of Sleep Beauty Castle, a new Frozen-themed area, a Marvel Super Hero attraction, an Avengers attraction, and a new show area in Adventureland.
When it was announced, the funding was pending approval. So, it was not clear if the plans would go through. But, we now know the HK$10.9 billion expansion will move forward as the HK$5.45 billion funding proposal has been approved by the Legislative Council.
The plans are to have something new open almost every year at Hong Kong Disneyland between 2018 until 2023 (not everything is known at this point). The map below shows what the current plans are.
To give you a quick rundown these are the plans known so far:
- Marvel Super Hero Attraction
- New interactive stage show in Adventureland
- Transformation of Sleeping Beauty Castle. The castle and hub areas are being expanded. With brand new daytime and nighttime shows.
- No exact dates are given for the start and completion of this transformation.
- Frozen-themed area
- New recreational facility
- Another Marvel Attraction
We don’t have any exact dates yet, but once we know you’ll see it here. Below is the current concept art for most things mentioned above.
All photos from the full press release on the official Hong Kong Disneyland website.