Tokyo Disney Resort has announced that a new smartphone app for iOS and Android is coming this summer (no official date yet). Prior to this, if you wanted to check wait times, make reservations, or view digital park maps, you had to go through the Japanese website or the limited English website.
There is no mention if the app supports English or other languages. As of now, it looks as if it’s only in Japanese. If any more information becomes available we’ll make sure to update this post.
Let’s take a look at the features of this new smartphone app coming this summer.
- Park information
- Digital park maps
- Attraction wait times
- Buy park tickets and vacation packages
- Hotel and restaurant reservations
- Online check-in at the Disney Ambassador Hotel through the app (only at this hotel)
- You’re able to unlock your room with your smartphone
- Ability to buy and search for merchandise through the app (from within the park only)
- You’re able to have items shipped home **
This is an app that is long overdue and it’s great to see Tokyo Disney Resort finally releasing an app. Let’s hope it supports English and other languages. With the increased tourism in Japan, it only makes sense.
Planning a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort? Get our brand new 200-page e-book to make your trip planning that much easier!
** Regarding shipping items home, my guess is this service will only be within Japan. It’s hard to say for sure at this point.