The official Tokyo Disney Resort App is now live for both iOS and Android. Now, before you get too excited, currently it’s only available in the Japanese App Store and Google Play stores. There’s no word on when it’ll be available in other app stores, but we’ll keep you updated.
If you live in Japan then you likely already have a Japanese account. If you’re outside of Japan and want to download the app, here’s how to create a Japanese account for both the App Store and Google Play.
The biggest thing to know is even if you get the app downloaded, it’s currently only in Japanese. If you can’t read Japanese or don’t want to go through the hassle of creating an account in Japanese, then there’s another way to check wait times. Through the official website on your mobile device.
Here’s how to check attraction, character greeting wait times & show schedules at Tokyo Disney Resort on mobile devices!
— TDR Explorer (@tdrexplorer) November 19, 2018
Last Updated: December 23, 2018
Table of Contents
Things to Know
There are a few catches with the current version. This may change in the future.
- The app is only in Japanese (even if your phone is set to English)
- Only available in the Japanese App Store & Google Play Store
- You’ll need a Japanese Disney Account to use some features
- To check wait times you must be in the park (no account needed)
Here’s a list of features of the app. Note you’ll need a Japanese Disney Account for features that require payment or reservations. Remember, as of this writing all these features are only in Japanese.
- Check wait times and closures
- Buy park tickets (paperless entry)
- Park hours
- Parade and show schedule
- Restaurant reservations
- Hotel & Vacation Package reservations
- Check attraction and character greeting wait times
- Detailed maps of Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, and the resort area
- Reserve Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Reserve a Guided Tour (tours are only in Japanese)
- Ability to order merchandise while you’re in the park and have it shipped home (within Japan only)
If you’re unable to download the app, here’s a look at the gorgeous maps for the parks and resort area. Also, a short video going through the park maps.
Here’s a quick look at the new Tokyo Disney Resort Official App.
— TDR Explorer (@tdrexplorer) June 11, 2018
Tokyo Disney Resort
Are you planning a trip to Japan?
Take the anxiety out of planning a trip to Japan with our premium ebook travel guides on Tokyo Disney Resort & Universal Studios Japan. Our guides have everything you need to know from the best times to visit, what hotel to choose, what to do, what to eat, and tons more! With nearly 2000 copies sold, our premium guides have become an essential tool for Explorers!
Get all your discount tickets for Tokyo Disneyland, Robot Restaurant, Universal Studios Japan, and more through our tickets page (includes an exclusive discount code). For my personal recommendations on SIM cards, portable wi-fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Do you love exclusive and early access to content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you free and continuous content to help you plan your trip.