I am happy to say that we were successful in securing a room at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel for opening day! After expected website errors, I was able to book a Garden View Room at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel for June 16 to 19, 2016 (I will do a cost breakdown below).
Being a guest at the resort hotel guarantees park admission during the dates we are at the hotel. I bought the tickets before booking the hotel, just to play it safe. I was unsure if booking the hotel would happen or not.
I first tried booking right at 1:01AM (Tokyo time) as the reservation system came online. Given the demand, it was no surprise that the website was having major issues. The English portion of the site was showing up in Chinese. Unable to book tickets or hotel rooms by 2AM, I decided to head to bed.
When I woke up at 5:30AM, I was able to book the hotel and tickets without any issues.
I am incredibly excited and fortunate to have the opportunity to visit a Disney Park on its grand opening day! I have no idea what to expect from this experience, but I know it’s gonna be memorable!
What I am most looking forward to the castle and TRON!
Are any of you going to the grand opening? If so, let us know!
The following is a simple breakdown of the costs. I am keeping it simple by putting it into Japanese Yen and USD.
- Shanghai Disneyland Hotel (Garden View) for 4 Adults (3 nights): 1,400.75USD or 158,796JPY (350.18USD or 39,699JPY per person)
- Park Tickets (2-day Ticket for June 16 and 17): 145.55USD or 16,502JPY
- Park Ticket (1-day Ticket for June 18): 76.44USD or 8,668JPY
- Total: 572.17USD or 64,869JPY
You can only buy park tickets for up to 2 days. The total includes my portion of the hotel room (split by 4 people) and the tickets.
Additional costs for me are my one-night hotel and flight from Tokyo:
- The QUBE Pudong Hotel: 96.92USD or 10,999JPY
- ANA Flight from Narita to Pudong Airport: 326.34USD or 37,030JPY
Grand Total: 995.43USD or 112,898JPY