Shanghai Disneyland is getting ready to deck the halls! From November 25, 2021, to January 3, 2022, the resort will transform into a festive winter wonderland with plenty of seasonal offerings. There’s a large selection of festive merchandise and food too. Check out the details and pictures below.
For more information on Shanghai Disneyland and when to visit, read our Ultimate Shanghai Disneyland Trip Planning Guide.
Shanghai Disney Resort Christmas
Christmas at Shanghai Disneyland will take place from November 25, 2021, to January 3, 2021, transforming the resort into a festive winter wonderland. Disney’s ‘Frozen’ will feature prominently throughout the park with Frozen-themed “ice sculptures” and a festive Frozen social wall.
Mickey’s Magical Tree Lighting Ceremony
In ‘Mickey’s Magical Tree Lighting’, Enchanted Storybook Castle and Gardens of Imagination will be transformed into a winter wonderland as Queen Elsa lights up the castle and Christmas tree with her magic. The tree lighting ceremony takes place each evening after dark and is in addition to the ‘Ignite the Dream’ projection show.
More Christmas Entertainment at Shanghai Disneyland
- New “Frozen Snow Celebration” show
- Each evening snow falls on Mickey Avenue
- Mickey and friends in new Christmas outfits join guests to celebrate
- “Happy Holidays Mickey!” musical performance
- In the morning Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and the Shanghai Disneyland Band greet guests with some festive tunes
- “Christmas Swing”
- The popular Shanghai jazz-inspired show features Mickey and Friends and some high tempo Christmas music
- Santa Goofy greets guests on Mickey Avenue on weekdays
- Decorations on Mickey Avenue
- Garlands, festive ornaments, Christmas wreaths and traditional red bows decoration the shops and lampposts
- Christmas Tree Trail
- guests can complete tasks on the Christmas Tree Trail for a chance to win prizes in a lucky draw
Guests can meet with their favourite Disney characters including Duffy and Friends on Mickey Avenue where they will be decked out in their new glossy Christmas costumes. Be on the lookout for special appearances by Santa Goofy!
Shanghai Disneyland is releasing a Mickey and Friends Christmas collection with merchandise featuring winter clothing and other festive Christmas motifs. A Duffy and Friends Christmas collection will be announced at a later date. The Mickey knitted sweaters are sure to be popular!
It would not be Christmas at Shanghai Disneyland without special festive Christmas treats! Additional items and special set menus for the season will be announced closer to the start of the event.
Planning your trip to Shanghai Disneyland? Our guide to Shanghai Disneyland has everything you need before your trip. Including discount park tickets, where to eat, where to stay, how to access the internet, and how to get a travel visa for Mainland China.