Shanghai Disneyland’s “Splashing Summer” will keep guests cool this summer with plenty of water-filled entertainment, including the Summer Blast castle show, Duffy Pre-Parade, and a new interactive Toy Story show.
The event runs June 16 – September 2, 2018, and includes a huge range of new snack, refreshing drinks, meals, and merchandise. Check out all the details below.
The “Summer Blast” castle show returns, with new surprises and water cannons to keep guests cool and energized during the hot Chinese summer. The show boasts a large cast of performers and characters, including Maui from Moana and a giant Hank from Finding Dory.
Duffy’s Splashing Pre-Parade
Duffy and ShellieMay lead a dance procession ahead of the main Mickey’s Storybook Express parade. This year, Gelatoni and StellaLou join the fun on a brand new float spraying the crowd with water as they go.
Guest families will also join Duffy and friends in the pre-parade by riding in two grand marshal cars along the route.
- “Summer Blast” returns with some new splashes and surprises
- Duffy’s Splashing Pre-Parade keeps guests cool before the main parade
- Now featuring Gelatoni and StellaLou
- Guest families join the parade in two new grand marshal cars
- Farmer Al’s Splash Around debuts in the new Toy Story Land, with Andy’s toys hosting an interactive water play performance
- Cool Zones release refreshing mist around the park
- Summer drinks:
- StellaLou Fantasy Dreamer and Mickey honey pomelo slushes in souvenir cups
- Toy Story Souvenir Sips and Donald’s Special Cooler
- New Desserts:
- Mickey marshmallow brownie
- Olaf strawberry fruit tart at Remy’s Patisserie
- Seasonal meals:
- Braised seafood rice and roasted pork ribs at The Toy Box Café
- Tomato beef brisket rice, soup noodle with prawns and salt duck leg at Wandering Moon Restaurant
- New summer menu at Royal Banquet Hall features gourmet appetizers and entrees including lobster and a StellaLou frozen ice cake
- Over 50 exclusive merchandise items:
- Beach-inspired Mickey and friends range
- Mickey sunglasses and the popular Millennial Pink Minnie sequins headband
- Misty fans, stylish straw, and bucket-style sun hats
- Pink Minnie UV-proof umbrella
- All-new Duffy and friends summer merchandise line:
- Duffy and ShellieMay summer plush
- ShellieMay headband and foldable shopping bags
- ShellieMay and StellaLou t-shirts
Featured photos and information from the Shanghai Disneyland press release.
Planning your trip to Shanghai Disneyland? Read our full trip planning guide, Grand Opening Trip Report, and listen to our exclusive podcast episodes! Everything you need to create the best trip to Shanghai and enjoy everything the park has to offer in its second year.