Springtime at Shanghai Disneyland 2019
Springtime at Shanghai Disneyland is underway with new entertainment, floral decorations, character greetings, food and merchandise.
The event runs until May 31, 2019, but be aware that some entertainment has different start and end dates, so check the details below.
Planning your trip to Shanghai Disneyland? Be sure to check out our Ultimate Shanghai Disneyland Trip Planning Guide.
From April 11 through May 31, Mickey, Minnie and Donald will lead the high-energy “Disney Color-Fest: A Street Party!” The mini-parade will feature a variety of Disney characters, colourful floats, and dancers. Guests can join the party on the parade route and dance along too.
Other entertainment this spring includes the return of the “Duffy and Friends” show in Celebration Square, with Mickey, Duffy and friends gathering to celebrate spring with cheerful lavender rabbit, StellaLou.
Other Disney characters in spring costumes will also be greeting guests on Mickey Avenue.
Springtime at Shanghai Disneyland also includes:
- Colourful decorations and flowers
- Floral Mickey centrepiece in front of the castle, with three giant butterfly-themed topiaries
- Disney character-inspired egg decorations
- Mickey Avenue is decorated with flowers and polka dots, and a new colourful Instagram-worthy wall
- Cherry blossoms, plum blossoms, magnolias, apple floral archways, lupines, tulips, and roses will bloom at different times throughout spring
- Xiaotui, the talking trash can, returns in April to give fun environmental tips to guests
- Interactive activities in the Gardens of Imagination, with Nature Explorer badges for lucky guests
- Over 50 special merchandise items
- Mickey and Minnie plush in new spring outfits
- Pins, charms and bags
- Exclusive bunny ears and colourful flower headbands
- New Duffy and Friends pring-inspired costumes, mugs, backpacks, and stationery
- Food and Snacks in the Park and Resort Hotels
- StellaLou blueberry cupcakes, blackcurrant cake, lavender ice cream, cotton candy and adorable popcorn bucket (check out the photos below)
- Colourful Minnie Afternoon Tea includes fruit puffs, mango chocolate, cupcakes, and strawberry tartlets at Mickey & Pals Market Café
- Crispy noodles with assorted seafood and spicy abalone sauce, and a poached prawn and avocado salad at the Royal Banquet Hall
- New Chinese dishes including steamed bamboo shoots, pork meatballs, and braised bamboo shoots with pork belly at Wandering Moon Restaurant
- Pâté en croûte, poached Boston lobster, and a brandy chocolate mousse ball at Aurora Restaurant in the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel
Springtime in Disneytown and the Resort Hotels
- Easter decorations and even more Disney character eggs
- Judy Hopps “special bunny dance” performance at the Marketplace Stage every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Earth Month Fair in Disneytown includes interactive environmental and nature-based activities from March to May
- Outdoor Sports Carnival and Easter eggs decorating workshops for families at both hotels
For more information on Shanghai Disneyland and when to visit, read our Ultimate Shanghai Disneyland Trip Planning Guide. It includes info on when to visit, where to stay, and how to buy discount tickets through Klook. You can even use our exclusive discount code KLKTDREX to save $4 USD off your first order.
Information and images from the Shanghai Disneyland website, media release and WeChat.
[…] to Shanghai Disneyland soon? Check out the Resort’s springtime event, which includes floral decorations, character greetings, and a new daytime […]