This year we were fortunate enough to be able to visit three of the five Disney Resorts. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris. We will take a look at the trip reports, videos, and photos from the past year. Each resort was magical in it’s own way and we recorded each and every moment to share.
New Years 2012 in Walt Disney World
In Walt Disney World we rung in 2012 by spending 19, yes 19 hours, in the Magic Kingdom. We did everything from all the attractions, to using garbage cans as a dinner table, to catching a nap in Adventureland. It was incredibly tiring but completely worth it. We were even chosen to be part of a commercial, no idea if they used our segment though. To finish off the trip we did the Backstage Magic Tour.
- Pre-Trip Report
- Day One – Arrival & Candlelight Processional
- Day Two – NYE & Magic Kingdom 19+ Hours (Part One & Part Two)
- Day Three – New Years Recovery & Biergarten
- Day Four – 20% off Shopping and Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade
- Day Five – Dinner with a Special Cast Member & Resort Tour
- Day Six – Chef Mickey’s & Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Day Seven – Backstage Magic Tour (Part One & Part Two)
- Day Eight – Disney Commercial Filming & Best of Attractions
Disneyland Paris – 20th Anniversary
There was no way I was going to Paris and NOT go to Disneyland Paris. 2012 marks their 20th Anniversary and they went all out with the celebration. Everything from a new nighttime spectacular “Disney Dreams” to a new parade “Disney Magic on Parade”. Along with tons of merchandise to spend all your hard-earned money on. My absolute favourite attraction was Crush’s Coaster in Walt Disney Studios. Paris was an excellent experience and there’s enough different in Disneyland Park compared to the US version to make it completely worth while. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle (Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant) is something to be seen. Here’s my full trip report with plenty of photos and video:
- Pre-Trip Report – Where we stayed and how we planned
- Day One – J’Arrive Disneyland Paris, Disney Dreams, Disney Magic on Parade
- Day Two – Walt Disney Studios, Walt’s – An American Restaurant, & Crush’s Coaster
- Day Three – Crush’s Coaster, Disney Dreams, & the 20th Anniversary Train!
- Final Day – Our Favorite attractions, World of Disney, & Final Thoughts!
Visiting any Disney Resort during the holidays is magical. Seeing Disneyland all decorated for the holidays was worth it in itself, but we also go to see the new Cars Land and Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure. Visiting just before American Thanksgiving wasn’t the smartest idea, in terms of crowd level, but it was still incredibly enjoyable. Everything from Believe… In Holiday Magic to World of Color. One thing that did happen was we were denied wine in Carthay Circle because we couldn’t produce our Passports (Canadian) since we were told our driver’s license wasn’t good enough. Normally don’t carry our passports when visiting the parks. So had to have our $41 steak with a diet coke. Live and learn I guess. While I don’t have the trip report completed yet, we did take tons of video:
- Cars Land Lightning (with Christmas music)
- Christmas Fantasy Parade
- World of Color (with Prep and Landing sprinkled in)
- it’s a small world holiday (just to get it stuck in your head)
What will 2013 bring? Visiting Tokyo Disneyland for their 30th Anniversary called “The Happiness Year”, is in the works along with heading over to Hong Kong Disneyland. What are your Disney Plans for 2013? Share them with us in the comments!