Tokyo Disney Resort has a huge calendar of events for 2018, with seasonal offerings covering almost every day of the year! Highlights include the return of Disney Pirates Summer, and brand new Halloween and Christmas events.
The seasonal events are on top of the Tokyo Disney Resort 35th “Happiest Celebration!” which started on April 15, 2018, and runs until March 25, 2019. Check out our 35th Anniversary guide for all the entertainment, decorations, merchandise, and foods details.
2018-19 Events Calendar
- Disney’s Easter: March 27 to June 6, 2018
- Tokyo DisneySea Only (there’s no Easter event at Tokyo Disneyland)
- Disney Tanabata Days: June 7 to July 7, 2018, at both parks
- Disney Natsu Matsuri: July 10 to September 2, 2018, at Tokyo Disneyland
- Disney Pirates Summer: July 10 to September 2, 2018, at Tokyo DisneySea
- Disney’s Halloween: September 11 to October 31, 2018, at both parks
- Tokyo Disneyland gets a brand new theme
- Tokyo DisneySea once again offers the Villains theme
- Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySea gets a special version (no word if this is Level 13 or not)
- Disney Christmas: November 8 to December 25, 2018, at both parks
- A new theme for Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea
- A storybook theme at Tokyo Disneyland (same as Christmas 2017)
- New Year’s Program: January 1 to 6, 2019, at both parks
- Pixar Playtime: January 11 to March 25, 2019, at Tokyo DisneySea
- Duffy-related program at Tokyo DisneySea (no dates or name given)
A number of the events are running longer than they have in the past. Disney’s Easter usually starts in April but began at the end of March. Tanabata Days is now a full month at both parks (it was three weeks in 2017).
During Halloween, a special version of Tower of Terror is happening. I am not sure if it’s just the special Level 13 version that usually happens in the winter. Then in 2019, we’ll see the Pixar Event at Tokyo DisneySea.
Which events are you most excited for in 2018? Any ideas for the new Halloween and Christmas events?
All images and information from the official press release.
If this guide helped with your trip planning consider contributing to our Patreon and get access to exclusive content. Also, doesn’t it feel good to help out?