Disney Christmas returns to Tokyo Disney Resort from November 8 – December 25, 2018, with festive decorations, food, merchandise and the brand new “It’s Christmas Time!” show at Tokyo DisneySea.
Both parks will embrace the Christmas spirit, with Tokyo Disneyland’s 35th Anniversary celebrations receiving a festive twist, while Tokyo DisneySea’s new theme features new entertainment and the return of the Colors of Christmas nighttime harbor show.
The Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary “Happiest Celebration!” continues along with the Christmas events.
For more on Tokyo Disney Resort’s Christmas celebrations check out the full range of Christmas and Duffy and Friends merchandise, as well as the festive menus at Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea, and the Resort Hotels. If you’re off to Hong Kong Disneyland for Christmas, read about their Christmas event here.
Read our guide to Christmas at Tokyo Disney Resort for our tips and recommendations. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to visit for Halloween or Christmas, our article on when to visit gives you tips on how to visit the park for both seasons.
Disney Christmas at Tokyo Disneyland
The highlight of Tokyo Disneyland’s celebrations is the “Disney Christmas Stories” parade, featuring seven festive floats with Disney characters spending Christmas together.
The parade features 120 performers and characters, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Belle, Beast, and Elsa and Anna. But the highlight has to be the Duck family’s Christmas celebrations lead by Donald Duck dressed as Santa Claus.
Performances will take place twice daily along the parade route, and includes two show stops where guests can join in the fun and dance to high-tempo Christmas music.
Christmas at Disneyland also includes:
- Special Christmas additions to Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights
- Country Bear “Jingle Bell Jamboree” from November 3 – December 28, 2018
- “Haunted Mansion” Holiday Nightmare, the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay returns for Halloween and continues through Christmas, September 1, 2018 – January 1, 2019
- New holiday versions of the Celebration Street projections
- Decorations and photo locations in each land, and a Christmas tree in Fantasyland
- Many characters wearing Christmas accessories at their usual greetings
- Christmas atmosphere entertainment, including the Tokyo Disneyland Band
- Christmas merchandise items. Check out the full range
- Wristband plushes with bells, so guest can join in with the bell ringing during the parade
- Nostalgic Christmas designs, including a cushion with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse wearing costumes from previous Christmas events
- Customizable SnoSnow plush toys, exclusive to Tokyo Disneyland
- Christmas food and drink. See the full menu
- Christmas decorations inspired doughnuts
- Hashed Beef, a Japanese winter dish, at Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Meals, snacks and non-alcoholic cocktails at the resort hotels. Read the full menu
- Special decorations and Mickey and friends themed menu at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea
DisneySea’s new holiday theme and “It’s Christmas Time!” harbor show is set to celebrate Christmas with an extra touch of glamour.
“It’s Christmas Time!” will feature Mickey Mouse and Friends along with singers and dancers performing a festive revue. The show includes a selection of classic Christmas songs, pyrotechnics, two Christmas trees rise up from the harbor waters, and of course Santa Claus.
The DisneySea news release promise of “tap dancing and high-kicking precision dances” reminds us of the old Christmas version of Big Band Beat, so we might be in for something really special.
The show will run for 25 minutes and features a huge cast of 130 performers, dancers, and characters.
As well as “It’s Christmas Time!”, Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea includes;
- The Colors of Christmas nighttime harbor show returns
- An illuminated Christmas tree rises up in the center of the Mediterranean Harbor
- Mickey and Friends appear aboard festive boats
- Colors of Christmas: Afterglow continues after the main show, with the tree display changing color and snow falling around the harbor
- Duffy, ShellieMay, and Ariel wear seasonal outfits for their character greetings
- Seasonal atmosphere entertainment, including festive music from the Tokyo DisneySea Maritime Band
- New Christmas decorations designed especially for each port, including
- 15 meter tall Christmas tree and snowflake illumination in America Waterfront
- Latin American-inspired decorations in Lost River Delta will feature Donald, José Carioca, and Panchito
- Christmas food and drink. See the complete menu
- The “Taste of Christmas” comes to American Waterfront, with specially decorated snack outlets selling hot alcoholic drinks and Christmas snacks
- A Christmas pasta set at Cafe Portofino
- Over 50 different merchandise items. Check out the full range
- Stationery, plush badges, and confectionery
- New hand cream set with Disney character line drawings designs
- Duffy and Friends enjoy a Cape Cod Christmas morning. See all the items
- Special decorations and menu items at DisneySea Hotel Miracosta, including a Christmas buffet
More Disney Christmas at Tokyo Disney Resort…
- Christmas Merchandise
- Duffy and Friends Christmas and Winter Merchandise
- Tokyo Disneyland Christmas Menu
- Tokyo DisneySea Christmas Menu
- Resort Hotels Christmas Menu
Take the anxiety out of planning a trip to Japan with our premium ebook travel guides on Tokyo Disney Resort & Universal Studios Japan. Our guides have everything you need to know from the best times to visit, what hotel to choose, what to do, what to eat, and tons more! With nearly 2000 copies sold, our premium guides have become an essential tool for Explorers! Get all your discount tickets for Tokyo Disneyland, Robot Restaurant, Universal Studios Japan, and more through our tickets page (includes an exclusive discount code). For my personal recommendations on SIM cards, portable wi-fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page. Do you love exclusive and early access to content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you free and continuous content to help you plan your trip.
Are you planning a trip to Japan?
Take the anxiety out of planning a trip to Japan with our premium ebook travel guides on Tokyo Disney Resort & Universal Studios Japan. Our guides have everything you need to know from the best times to visit, what hotel to choose, what to do, what to eat, and tons more! With nearly 2000 copies sold, our premium guides have become an essential tool for Explorers!
Get all your discount tickets for Tokyo Disneyland, Robot Restaurant, Universal Studios Japan, and more through our tickets page (includes an exclusive discount code). For my personal recommendations on SIM cards, portable wi-fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Do you love exclusive and early access to content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you free and continuous content to help you plan your trip.