Are you headed to Tokyo Disney Resort in May? Here’s what is happening in terms of crowds, weather, closures, and updates to merchandise, food, and events!
This month Disney’s Easter continues at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea with limited-time entertainment, decorations, food, and merchandise. For a list of events in 2019, see our Tokyo Disney Resort Events Calendar.
Take your trip planning to the next level with our digital travel guide to Tokyo Disney Resort. With thousands of copies sold since 2018, it’s become an essential tool for your planning.
Table of Contents
Watch our video below for a summary of what’s new this month at Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea!
The Easter menu is packed full of meals, snacks, and drinks. There are unique options at both parks, and some fantastic looking dishes at the Resort Hotels too.
- Tokyo Disneyland Easter Menu
- Tokyo DisneySea Easter Menu
- Resort Hotels Easter Menu
- Kingdom Hearts Desserts Menu – Available March 26 – June 13, 2019
Check out our videos below highlighting what the best snacks are to get this year!
A range of Easter merchandise is available throughout Disney’s Easter. Some items may sell out before the end of the month. So if you see something like, buy it right away!
- Tokyo Disneyland Easter Merchandise (available until June 2, 2019)
- Tokyo DisneySea Easter Merchandise (available until June 2, 2019)
- Easter Egg and Bunny Merchandise (available at both Parks until June 2, 2019)
- Thumper and Miss Bunny Merchandise 2019 (available at both Parks)
- Duffy and Friends “Let’s Play Hide and Seek” Merchandise and Food (Tokyo DisneySea)
- Happy Birthday Donald
- Disney Sports Clothing and Merchandise
- Retro Mickey and Minnie Stationery (Available May 24, 2019)
Watch our video below for our choice of top Easter merchandise to get this year!
Event merchandise at Tokyo Disney Resort is gone once the event finishes (no options to buy elsewhere other than checking Nakano Broadway). See our list of current merchandise for more details and a few handy tips. For other merchandise, it’s not known how long it’s available for.
We are unable to check if specific items are still available.
Now that this year’s extra-long Golden Week is finished, the crowds are at a very manageable level for the rest of May. However, it’s always best to visit Tuesday through Thursday.
Buy your tickets in advance to avoid long lines. Consult the Tokyo Disneyland crowd calendar for the latest predictions. Also, read our guide to know the best and worst times to visit Tokyo Disney Resort.
The average temperature for May is 18°C (64°F), which is nice and comfortable. It can be bright and sunny during the day so bring some sunscreen, but also an extra layer of clothing for when it cools off in the evening.
Check our packing list, for more on what items to bring to the parks.
For other months, make sure to read our article on when to visit (it breaks down each month for you).
Here are the closures for May. Keep in mind that they stick to the schedule in most cases and things do not open early or late unless noted. For all the announced closure information beyond May, head to our Ride Closures 2019 Guide.
Critter Country is closed for refurbishment work all summer.
- Western River Railroad: May 7 – September 3, 2019
- Mark Twain Riverboat: May 7 – September 3, 2019
- Tom Sawyer Island Rafts: May 7 – September 3, 2019
- Splash Mountain: May 7 – September 3, 2019
- Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes: May 7 – September 3, 2019
- Gadget’s Go Coaster: May 9 – July 22, 2019
- Mount Prometheus Construction: until late October 2020.
- Work is underway on one section, but there are still plenty of places to get an uninterrupted view.
- Scuttle’s Scooters: May 22 – July 10, 2019
Are you visiting the park this month? Let us know in the comments!
More Things to Do in Tokyo
My recommendations for things to do in and around Tokyo! Plan a day at the Hello Kitty theme park, Sanrio Puroland, and an afternoon at the popular TeamLab Planets TOKYO. Take a tour around Tokyo with the convenient hop-on and-off bus. Spend a rainy afternoon inside Japan’s largest indoor theme park, Tokyo Joyoplis, near Tokyo Disney!
More on Tokyo Disney Resort
Tokyo Disney Resort Guidebook
Are you planning a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort? If so, you need our digital guidebook! Our guidebook is the most comprehensive resource available, covering everything you need to know about the park, including tickets, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shows, seasonal events, and more! With our guidebook, you’ll be an expert on Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea before you even set foot in the Parks. You’ll know what to expect, where to go, and what to do. You’ll also be able to avoid the crowds and make the most of your time.
Get tickets for Tokyo Disney Resort
It’s vital to buy your tickets ahead of time for Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. Read our comprehensive guide on tickets to learn how to purchase tickets. For recommendations on SIM cards, portable Wi-Fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Learn more about Tokyo Disney Resort
Want more Tokyo Disney content? Browser our dedicated page for everything Tokyo Disney Resort!
Enjoy our content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you content to help you plan your trip!
Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Please read our full disclosure for more details.