Halloween began September 8, and runs until October 31, 2017, at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. The weather is cooling down (perfect for wearing Halloween costumes) and there’s still a month left to enjoy the Music Festival at Tokyo Disneyland and The Villains World at Tokyo DisneySea!
Here’s what to expect for crowds, weather, closures, merchandise, food, and events for the month of October. For more on Halloween read our updated guide for Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea.
Merchandise & Food
Halloween items are still available (some may have sold out) at both Tokyo Disney Resort and the Disney Stores in Japan:
- Tokyo Disney Resort Merchandise October 2017
- Tokyo DisneySea Halloween Merchandise & Food (Video)
- Tokyo Disneyland Halloween Merchandise & Food (Video)
- Tokyo Disney Resort Halloween Merchandise (Video)
- Top 5 Halloween Snacks at Tokyo Disneyland (Video)
- Top 5 Halloween Snacks at Tokyo DisneySea (Video)
Read our updated list of Tokyo Disney Resort merchandise and how to buy it online. Another way to browse merchandise is the latest edition of the “Disney Fan” magazine. Even though it’s only in Japanese, the pictures are easy to follow and a great way to see what merchandise is available.
Get the October 2017 edition from CD Japan. They also have a special cosplay edition of the Disney Fan magazine to give you ideas on your costume for the parks!
In October, you’ll see higher crowds during the weekends and on Mondays. This is due to the beautiful and cooler weather. The only National Holiday is “Sports Day” on a Monday, October 9, which brings the crowds for the entire weekend.
The best days to visit in October for lower crowds are:
- 3-6, 11-12, 17-19, 24-26, 31
Buy your tickets in advance to avoid long lines and download our wait time app for iOS. Consult the Tokyo Disneyland crowd calendar for the latest predictions. Also, read our guide to know the best and worst times to visit Tokyo Disney Resort.
This is the first year where guests are able to wear a Halloween costume anytime during the event at either park. In earlier years it was only select dates. So, we shall see how this affects crowds.
The average temperature for October is 18°C (64°F), which is nice during the day and a bit cool in the evening. This is the perfect time to start packing for fall weather. Using my tips for staying warm in the evenings to stay comfortable.
Check our packing list, which covers items that you can bring for the weather.
Here are the closures and refurbishments for the month of October. Keep in mind that they stick to the schedule in most cases and things do not open early or late unless noted. For the most up-to-date list, consult the official website.
- “it’s a small world” (re-opens April 15, 2018)
- Big Thunder Mountain: September 2, 2017 – November 30, 2017
- Western River Railroad: October 2, 2017 – October 15, 2017
- StarJets: Closes Permanently on October 11, 2017
- Snow White’s Adventures: October 16, 2017 – October 29, 2017
- The Whirlpool: September 4, 2017 – October 03, 2017
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: September 26, 2017 – October 13, 2017
- Caravan Carousel: October 16, 2017 – November 14, 2017
Grab a Today Guide
The “Today Guide” is a useful fold-out informational guide for the latest entertainment, merchandise, food, and general information for both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. Which changes on a monthly basis with new and updated information (and a cute collectible design). The only problem is, it’s offered only in Japanese.
There is an English guide map (along with other languages) but it only has general information and entertainment schedule. You miss out on some critical information that’s useful when you are in the park.