Tokyo Disney Resort Halloween 2018 – Details
Disney Halloween returns to Tokyo Disney Resort from September 11 – October 31, 2018, with decorations, food, merchandise, and the brand new “Spooky Boo!” parade.
Both parks are set for spooky makeovers, with Disney Halloween’s ghostly new theme debuting at Tokyo Disneyland, while the Disney Villians return to Tokyo DisneySea. Food and merchandise go on sale September 3, 2018, at both Parks, Bon Voyage, and at the resort hotel gift shops.
The Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary “Happiest Celebration!” continues along with the Halloween events.
Read our guide to Halloween at Tokyo Disney Resort for our list of tips and costume days information. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to visit for Halloween or Christmas, our article on when to visit gives you tips on how to visit the park for both seasons.
Disney Halloween at Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo Disneyland’s Halloween will give the park a spooky twist, with new decorations and Halloween versions of the Celebration Street projections in the World Bazaar.
In the “Spooky Boo!” parade, ghosts take Disney characters and guests on a tour around a “Ghost-Style Tokyo Disneyland.”
Six brand new floats will be themed after the park’s lands and attractions, including Country Bears Jamboree! The six floats are:
- The Western River Railroad operated by skeletons
- Huge snakes and birds from Adventureland
- Cinderella Castle inspired float surrounded by tombstones
- Black wooden-horse and pumpkin teacups from Fantasyland
- “Strange Bears” performing a concert on a Mark Twain Riverboat & Country Bear Theater inspired float
- Small animals turned into pumpkin ghosts on this Critter Country inspired float
The parade features 95 performers and characters, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip, and Dale. Performances will take place once or twice per day along the parade route
Disney Halloween at Disneyland also includes:
- Decorations and photo locations featuring playful ghosts and pumpkins
- “Haunted Mansion” Holiday Nightmare, the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay returns September 1, 2018 – January 1, 2019
- New Halloween sheriff’s badge prize for perfect scores at the Western Land Shooting Gallery
- New atmosphere entertainment from the Tokyo Disneyland Band
- 75 Disneyland Halloween items:
- Mickey and Minnie plush with reversible costumes from the “Spooky Boo!” parade
- T-shirts, glow lanterns and plush which can sit on your shoulder
- 70 Halloween sweets-themed items available at both parks
- Halloween food and drink:
- Maple pumpkin churros and scallop croquette sandwich
- Special spooky menus at Disney Ambassador Hotel and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
Disney Villains at Tokyo DisneySea
Tokyo DisneySea’s Disney Villains theme returns, along with the unique Villains World harbor show.
The show sees Mickey and Friends attending a Halloween party hosted by the Disney Villains, including Ursula, Captain Hook, Hades, and Maleficent. With five Villian-theme ships, 120 performers, and some great special effects, the show is not to be missed.
As well as The Villains World, Disney Halloween at DisneySea includes:
- Villains Halloween Party features villainous underlings recruiting guest to join their evil schemes
- Shaban and Assim from the “Magic Lamp Theater” show will perform illusions for dinners at the Casbah Food Court
- Decorations and photo locations around the park
- 55 villain-themed merchandise items, including:
- Mugs, t-shirts, and stationery
- A shiny poison apple inspired by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Halloween-themed food and drink:
- Disney Villains menu at Cafe Portofino, including Cruella-inspired black and white pasta and Maleficent dessert
- Special curry set at the Casbah Food Court with black naan bread and a Jafar motif dessert
- Special menu items at DisneySea Hotel Miracosta, including themed cocktails
Guests are once again allowed to wear costumes to the Halloween celebrations at both Disney parks.
Information and image from the Tokyo Disneyland press release.
Are you planning a trip to Japan?
Take the anxiety out of planning a trip to Japan with our premium ebook travel guides on Tokyo Disney Resort & Universal Studios Japan. Our guides have everything you need to know from the best times to visit, what hotel to choose, what to do, what to eat, and tons more! With nearly 2000 copies sold, our premium guides have become an essential tool for Explorers!
Get all your discount tickets for Tokyo Disneyland, Robot Restaurant, Universal Studios Japan, and more through our tickets page (includes an exclusive discount code). For my personal recommendations on SIM cards, portable wi-fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Do you love exclusive and early access to content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you free and continuous content to help you plan your trip.
Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. At no extra cost to you, buying services through these links help support TDR Explorer. Please read our full disclosure for more details.