Universal Studios Japan will host “Universal Cool Japan” From February 17, 2023, to July 2, 2023. The popular seasonal event brings together some of the biggest names in Japanese Pop Culture and features limited-time merchandise, food, and VR attractions.
The 2023 Universal Cool Japan lineup will feature the return of the popular Conan the Detective and Monster Hunter franchises which were highlights of the 2022 season. Additional information regarding offerings for the limited-time event will be released in the coming weeks – be sure to check back for more!
Universal Cool Japan 2023 will see the return of the fan favourite Detective Conan. Guests can immerse themselves in the world of mystery-solving Detective Conan. Universal Studios Japan promises an ultra-immersive experience allowing guests to use all five senses. More information to come!
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne XR Walk
Monster Hunter World: Iceborn XR WALK will continue to be offered for the Universal Cool Japan 2023 season. The highly immersive virtual reality experience opened in the Spring of 2022 and has proved to be a highly popular attraction. Guests will wear advanced VR equipment to experience the attraction, including VR goggles, hand trackers, and a backpack that includes a small computer. You’ll also hold a model weapon that will be used to fight off the giant monsters in the game.
Are you excited about Universal Cool Japan 2023? Let us know!
Images courtesy of Universal Studios Japan
Gosho Aoyama “Detective Conan” (serialized in Shogakukan “Weekly Shonen Sunday”)
© 2022 Gosho Aoyama / Detective Conan Production Committee
©CAPCOM CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
TM & © Universal Studios.
More on Universal Studios Japan
Book Your Flight
I personally use Google Flights & Momodo to find affordable flights. Another great way is to sign up for Scott’s Cheap Flights to get notifications of cheap fares, which happens a lot to Japan. You’ll sometimes stumble on cheap flights to Kansai International Airport.
Buy Your Shinkansen Tickets (Bullet Train)
Getting around Japan by the world-renown bullet train, known as the Shinkansen, is incredibly fast, reliable, and affordable for visitors. You can travel from Tokyo to Osaka in just over 2 hours. Get the JR Rail Pass to save a ton of money on the bullet train for your trip.
Book Your Hotel
Universal Studios Japan has affordable accommodations that are steps away from the Park with easy access to Osaka. I recommend checking prices through Booking.com followed by the hotels directly. Sometimes you’re able to score some incredible deals. Here’s a short list of hotels at Universal Studios Japan I recommend.
- The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan – You’re directly in front of the Park gates and have instant access to Universal CityWalk Osaka. The rooms are gorgeous, with restaurants and even a Lawson (Japanese convenience store).
- The Singulari HOTEL & SKYSPA – Attached to the train station is this simple hotel fantastic for those who want a comfortable, clean, and stylish place to sleep. After a long day at Universal Studios Japan, the rooftop sento (public bath) is excellent for unwinding and relaxing.
- Hotel Universal Port – This is an excellent hotel for the Minion fan in your family, only a 5-minute walk from Universal Studios Japan. It also boasts the largest breakfast buffet in Japan, that’s a must during your visit.
Buy Your Tickets & Express Pass
In advance, save yourself time and stress by buying your tickets and Express Pass for Universal Studios Japan.
Universal Studios Japan only offers free wi-fi at the entrance to the Park. That’s not enough to stay connected and share your day with everyone back home to give them FOMO on Instagram. Here’s how you can stay connected while travelling in Japan.
- Pocket Wi-Fi – If you’re travelling with a group or have multiple devices, this is your best and most affordable way to stay connected to the internet. Pick up and drop off at the airport. Easy.
- Japan SIM Card – If you have an unlocked phone and need a Japanese phone number, this is the best and easiest way.
Get Yourself Travel Insurance
While travelling aboard, having travel insurance protects you against injury, cancellations, illness, and other things you’re never able to predict. Whenever I travel, I always budget for travel insurance to protect myself. I’ve used it in the past, and I’m so glad I had it. My recommended companies are SafteyWing and World Nomads for travel insurance.
Learn More about Universal Studios Japan
Don’t forget to study our in-depth destination guide on Universal Studios Japan for more information on this beautiful park in Osaka.
Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Please read our full disclosure for more details.