It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Universal Studios Japan will celebrate Christmas this year with festive entertainment, decorations, food, and merchandise throughout the park from November 13 to December 27, 2020.
Two new outdoor show premiere this year, as well as plenty of new exclusive merchandise and delicious Christmas food. It’s a wonderful event you won’t want to miss!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s festivities will look different than previous years. There won’t be a parade, a Christmas tree, or nighttime show.
Two new holiday outdoor stage shows will premiere this year, with some returning favorites as well!
- Happy Christmas Street Party (NEW!)
- Located at the stage in front of Mel’s Drive-In, this show will feature characters from Peanuts, Sesame Street, and Hello Kitty dressed in Christmas outfits, as well as dancing snowmen and other entertainers. Dance along to your favorite Christmas songs while maintaining safe social distancing! The show is approximately 20 minutes long and will be held 2-3 times a day.
- New York Christmas Wish (NEW)
- Located in the New York area of the park, hear the story of a romantic Christmas tale through song and the sound of violins.
- Power of Pop – Christmas Edition
- Located at the stage in front of Mel’s Drive-In, listen and dance along to Christmas pop songs performed by a quartet of energetic singers!
- Wonderland Season’s Joy – Christmas Edition
- Located in the Wonderland area of the park, dance along and have a socially distanced character greeting with characters from Sesame Street, Peanuts, and Hello Kitty dressed in Christmas outfits.
Yellow Christmas at Minion Park
The popular Minions have once again transformed Minion Park into a Christmas fantasy! Greet the Minions dressed in cute Christmas outfits, while maintaining a safe social distance. There will also be limited-time Christmas food and merchandise available throughout the area (more details below).
In addition to Minion Park, beautiful Christmas decorations can be found throughout the park! While there won’t be a record-breaking Christmas tree this year, these decorations will surely brighten your day at Universal Studios Japan!
Food & Merchandise
As with every year, there will be limited-time food and merchandise released throughout the Christmas event. For a full list of merchandise available through the Christmas and winter season, click here.
Images from the Universal Studios Japan website.
Before You Go
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Japan continues to have strict travel restrictions to enter the country. We recommend postponing your trip until next year. For those living in Japan, make sure to check with local government advisories on the safety of traveling between prefectures.
More Things to Do in Tokyo
My recommendations for things to do in and around Tokyo! Plan a day at the Hello Kitty theme park, Sanrio Puroland, and an afternoon at the popular TeamLab Planets TOKYO. Take a tour around Tokyo with the convenient hop-on and-off bus. Spend a rainy afternoon inside Japan’s largest indoor theme park, Tokyo Joyoplis, near Tokyo Disney!
More on Tokyo Disney Resort
Tokyo Disney Resort Guidebook
Are you planning a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort? If so, you need our digital guidebook! Our guidebook is the most comprehensive resource available, covering everything you need to know about the park, including tickets, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shows, seasonal events, and more! With our guidebook, you’ll be an expert on Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea before you even set foot in the Parks. You’ll know what to expect, where to go, and what to do. You’ll also be able to avoid the crowds and make the most of your time.
Get tickets for Tokyo Disney Resort
Buying your tickets for Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea ahead of time is vital. Read our comprehensive guide on tickets to learn how to purchase tickets. For recommendations on SIM cards, portable Wi-Fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Learn more about Tokyo Disney Resort
Want more Tokyo Disney content? Browse our dedicated page for everything about Tokyo Disney Resort!
Enjoy our content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you content to help you plan your trip!
Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Please read our full disclosure for more details.