Universal Studios Japan Christmas Event 2020
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Universal Studios Japan will celebrate Christmas this year with festive entertainment, decorations, food, and merchandise throughout the park from November 13 to December 27, 2020.
Two new outdoor show premiere this year, as well as plenty of new exclusive merchandise and delicious Christmas food. It’s a wonderful event you won’t want to miss!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s festivities will look different than previous years. There won’t be a parade, a Christmas tree, or nighttime show.
Two new holiday outdoor stage shows will premiere this year, with some returning favorites as well!
- Happy Christmas Street Party (NEW!)
- Located at the stage in front of Mel’s Drive-In, this show will feature characters from Peanuts, Sesame Street, and Hello Kitty dressed in Christmas outfits, as well as dancing snowmen and other entertainers. Dance along to your favorite Christmas songs while maintaining safe social distancing! The show is approximately 20 minutes long and will be held 2-3 times a day.
- New York Christmas Wish (NEW)
- Located in the New York area of the park, hear the story of a romantic Christmas tale through song and the sound of violins.
- Power of Pop – Christmas Edition
- Located at the stage in front of Mel’s Drive-In, listen and dance along to Christmas pop songs performed by a quartet of energetic singers!
- Wonderland Season’s Joy – Christmas Edition
- Located in the Wonderland area of the park, dance along and have a socially distanced character greeting with characters from Sesame Street, Peanuts, and Hello Kitty dressed in Christmas outfits.
Yellow Christmas at Minion Park
The popular Minions have once again transformed Minion Park into a Christmas fantasy! Greet the Minions dressed in cute Christmas outfits, while maintaining a safe social distance. There will also be limited-time Christmas food and merchandise available throughout the area (more details below).
In addition to Minion Park, beautiful Christmas decorations can be found throughout the park! While there won’t be a record-breaking Christmas tree this year, these decorations will surely brighten your day at Universal Studios Japan!
Food & Merchandise
As with every year, there will be limited-time food and merchandise released throughout the Christmas event. For a full list of merchandise available through the Christmas and winter season, click here.
Images from the Universal Studios Japan website.
Before You Go
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Japan continues to have strict travel restrictions to enter the country. We recommend postponing your trip until next year. For those living in Japan, make sure to check with local government advisories on the safety of traveling between prefectures.
Are you planning a trip to Japan?
Take the anxiety out of planning a trip to Japan with our premium ebook travel guides on Tokyo Disney Resort & Universal Studios Japan. Our guides have everything you need to know from the best times to visit, what hotel to choose, what to do, what to eat, and tons more! With nearly 2000 copies sold, our premium guides have become an essential tool for Explorers!
Get all your discount tickets for Tokyo Disneyland, Robot Restaurant, Universal Studios Japan, and more through our tickets page (includes an exclusive discount code). For my personal recommendations on SIM cards, portable wi-fi devices, travel insurance, cheap flights, and hotel bookings, read our travel resources page.
Do you love exclusive and early access to content? Support us on Patreon as it helps us continue bringing you free and continuous content to help you plan your trip.
Make sure to follow us on social media to stay updated on everything Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai! Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. At no extra cost to you, buying services through these links help support TDR Explorer. Please read our full disclosure for more details.
[…] is coming! And with that, tons of new merchandise for Christmas and winter are coming to Universal Studios Japan. This festive merchandise will be released throughout the winter season starting from November 1, […]