Universal Studios Japan Closing Due to Typhoon Nanmadol
Universal Studios Japan has announced today that the park is temporarily closing due to the approach of Typhoon Nanmadol into the Kansai area of Japan. The park will close from 3 PM on Monday, September 19 and all day on Tuesday, September 20. Normal operations will resume on September 21.
Universal Studios Japan will have information on ticket refunds on the official website.
The Meteorological Agency has classified typhoons as “violent” for the Kagoshima Prefecture, a rare special warning for typhoons. The Typhoon is moving toward Japan’s main island of Honshu.
For more information on Typhoon Nanmadol, please refer to NHK.
Typhoon Nanmadol will reach the Tokyo region on September 20. There’s no word if this will affect Tokyo Disney Resort.
Please refer to the official Universal Studios Japan website for the latest park information.
More on Universal Studios Japan
Universal Studios Japan Guidebook
Are you planning a trip to Universal Studios Japan? If so, you need our digital guidebook! Our guidebook is the most comprehensive resource available, covering everything you need to know about the park, including Super Nintendo World, Express Pass, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shows, seasonal events, and more! With our guidebook, you’ll be an expert on Universal Studios Japan before you even set foot in the park. You’ll know what to expect, where to go, and what to do. You’ll also be able to avoid the crowds and make the most of your time at the park.
Book Your Flight
I use Google Flights & Momodo to find affordable flights. Another great way is to sign up for Scott’s Cheap Flights to get notifications of cheap fares, which happens often in Japan. You’ll sometimes stumble on cheap flights to Kansai International Airport.
Buy Your Shinkansen Tickets (Bullet Train)
Getting around Japan by the world-renown bullet train, known as the Shinkansen, is incredibly fast, reliable, and affordable for visitors. You can travel from Tokyo to Osaka in just over 2 hours. Get the JR Rail Pass to save a ton of money on the bullet train for your trip.
Book Your Hotel
Universal Studios Japan has affordable accommodations that are steps away from the Park with easy access to Osaka. I recommend checking prices through Booking.com followed by the hotels directly. Sometimes you’re able to score some incredible deals. Here’s a short list of hotels at Universal Studios Japan I recommend.
- The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan – You’re directly in front of the Park gates and have instant access to Universal CityWalk Osaka. The rooms are gorgeous, with restaurants and even a Lawson (Japanese convenience store).
- The Singulari HOTEL & SKYSPA – Attached to the train station is a fantastic hotel for those who want a comfortable, clean, and stylish place to sleep. After a long day at Universal Studios Japan, the rooftop sento (public bath) is excellent for unwinding and relaxing.
- Hotel Universal Port – This is an excellent hotel for the Minion fan in your family, only a 5-minute walk from Universal Studios Japan. It also boasts the largest breakfast buffet in Japan, a must during your visit.
Buy Your Tickets & Express Pass
In advance, save time and stress by buying your tickets and Express Pass for Universal Studios Japan.
Universal Studios Japan only offers free Wi-Fi at the entrance to the Park. That’s not enough to stay connected and share your day with everyone back home to give them FOMO on Instagram. Here’s how you can stay connected while travelling in Japan.
- Pocket Wi-Fi – If you’re travelling with a group or have multiple devices, this is your best and most affordable way to stay connected to the internet. Pick up and drop off at the airport. Easy.
- Japan SIM Card – If you have an unlocked phone and need a Japanese phone number, this is the best and easiest way.
Get Yourself Travel Insurance
While travelling aboard, having travel insurance protects you against injury, cancellations, illness, and other things you can never predict. Whenever I travel, I always budget for travel insurance to protect myself. I’ve used it, and I’m so glad I had it. My recommended companies are SafteyWing and World Nomads for travel insurance.
Learn More about Universal Studios Japan
Don’t forget to study our in-depth destination guide on Universal Studios Japan for more information on this beautiful park in Osaka.
Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Please read our full disclosure for more details.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours