Universal Studios Japan celebrates Halloween with its “Universal Surprise Halloween” with a terrifying selection of shows, horror mazes and atmosphere entertainment on offer until November 4, 2018.
“Universal Surprise Halloween” is categorised into three sections:
- Screaming Halloween (Halloween Horror Night)
- Kowa Kawa Halloween (Family-friendly)
- Otona Halloween (lit. Adult Halloween)
Unlike Halloween Horror Nights at other Universal Parks, at Universal Studios Japan it’s included with your park admission and is on every day during the event. The only exceptions are the Express Pass for the mazes and the new “Hotel Albert” attraction — these are separate tickets. Get your Park Tickets and Express Pass below (highly recommended):
- Universal Studios Japan 1-Day Ticket
- Universal Studios Japan Surprise Halloween Express Pass
- Universal Studios Japan Express Pass 7
- Universal Studios Japan Express Pass 4
- Universal Studios Japan Express Pass 3
For more information, see our guide to Park tickets at Universal Studios Japan.
This year’s Halloween highlights include the “Hotel Albert” and “Silence in the Ghost Ship” immersive mazes, zombies hoards roaming the streets, and the cute Kowa Kawa Halloween featuring the Minions, Elmo and Snoopy.
The event offers a wide selection of seriously frights for adults as part of Halloween Horror Nights, while Kowa Kawa Halloween features family-friendly entertainment and character experiences. Check out all the details below.
For more tips on Halloween Horror Nights and plan the perfect trip to Universal Studios Japan check out our e-book travel guide.
Immersive Horror Mazes
Universal Studio’s Japan Halloween changes it’s Halloween entertainment every year with new frights for adult guests. This year’s highlights include two brand new immersive horror experiences with very different themes.
First up is “Hotel Albert” which transports guests to a luxurious hotel and invites them to dress in formal costumes to suit the setting. However, things aren’t what they seem and guests must work together to solve the gruesome murder.
Meanwhile, in “Silence in the Ghost Ship” guests must escape a haunted ship without making a sound. Make even a slight noise and the ghosts will catch you!
Hotel Albert requires an extra “Express Pass” purchase to access the attraction. While numbered tickets to Silence in the Ghost Ship are given out one a first come basis.
Kowa Kawa Halloween
Kowa Kawa means “fearless”, which is the perfect name for this kids -friendly extravaganza featuring the Minions, Snoopy, and Sesame Street favorites.
During the day, “Festa de Parade” will invite guests to join the Halloween fun with characters in spooky costumes. While the “Happy Trick or Treat” street show shoots candy into the sky for guests to collect!
Once night falls, the new “Halloween Lights” illuminations will light up the Wonderland area with child-friendly Halloween scenes away from the intense Halloween offerings elsewhere in the park.
Universal Studios Halloween also includes:
- Screaming Halloween brings all the nighttime frights together
- Zombies of all shapes and sizes roam the park. Stay in the safe zones to avoid them…
- Mob assemble to show off their zombie dance moves
- Horror Mazes put guests at the center of the action
- Hotel Albert explore a mysterious murder case in a luxurious hotel (An additional fee applies)
- Silence in the Ghost Ship challenges guests to survive by keeping quiet
- Cult of Chucky is back with a horrific bloodbath in a hospital
- Insidious recreates scenes from the hit horror franchise
- The Survival – Deadman’s Forest 2, puts against the clock as they run from horrifying creatures in the woods
- Horror Theater entertainment
- Blood Legend explores the chilling world of vampires
- SADAKO, the girl from The Ring films returns!
- Festa de Parade Party features the Minion Monsters and other characters in a colourful celebration
- Happy Trick or Treat rains candy down on guests
- New “Halloween Lights” illuminations in Wonderland
- Halloween Greetings
- Minion Monsters
- Elmo, Snoopy, and friends in spooky Halloween costumes
- Cute Halloween merchandise
- Minions Monster plushes, t-shirts, and souvenirs
- Hello Kitty Chucky plushes, keychains, and clothing
- Halloween character stationery, snacks, and headbands
- Halloween Treats, including the Hello Kitty Chucky curry bun and churro
Read the official Universal Studios Japan website for event schedule, how to obtain tickets and further details on all items listed here. Information and images from the Universal Studios Japan press release.
Are you planning a trip to Osaka to visit Universal Studios Japan? Then check out our “TDR Explorer Guide to Universal Studios Japan” with 190 pages of our best travel tips, advice, and information to plan the perfect trip to Universal. It even has dedicated chapters on Osaka and Kyoto too!