Universal Studios Japan has announced that the park is gearing up to welcome in the New Year with its exciting one-night-only New Year’s Eve countdown event, NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024. The event promises 26 hours of unlimited rides, limited-time entertainment, and a spectacular fireworks presentation.
“NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024” at Universal Studios Japan starts at 7 p.m. on Sunday, December 31, 2023, until 9 p.m. on Monday, January 1, 2024.
Table of contents
Countdown Special Stage
Gramercy Park will host “Countdown Special Stage“, a five-hour-long special performance that will see the return of limited-time entertainment offerings and characters that were featured throughout 2023, including Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates from “One Piece Premier Show” Hamikuma and the zombie army from “Halloween Horror Nights.” The exciting special show will be presented from 7:15 p.m
New Year’s Eve Countdown
In addition to the entertainment offered on the Countdown Special Stage, starting at 11:50 pm, a New Year’s countdown will be held at Gramercy Park and Lagoon, where guests will be able to enjoy the 4,000+ pyro shots that will be launched throughout the park.
26 hours of Unlimited Rides
From 7 p.m. on December 31st, until the park closes on January 1st, guests can enjoy unlimited rides on attractions at the park, including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World. (Super Nintendo World will be closed for maintenance from 2:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m, and other attractions may undergo maintenance during the event.)
Park guests can also enjoy a range of limited-time food and beverage options during NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024, with options ranging from snacks to fine dining. The one-night-only menu includes warm meals themed to Jurrasic Park and Snoopy, and bunny and dragon-shaped ‘Year to Date’ buns.
NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024 is a hard-ticketed event and is not included with general park admission.
Tickets for “Party Pass” start at ¥14,900 and will be sold via a ticket lottery system from October 5th, with a second lottery opening on October 18th, followed by a general sale from November 14th.
A variety of different ticket types will be available, including Special Viewing Area Admission Tickets, Universal Express Passes, a Universal VIP Experience Private Tour,’ in addition to special dining package tickets. For more information on the 25 ticket options available, visit the Universal Studios Japan website.
- Grand Royal annual pass holders can access special pre-sale from 12:00 on October 2nd.
- Those with various studio passes (including annual passes) valid on Sunday, December 31, 2023, can stay in the park until 17:00 on Sunday, December 31, 2023.
- Studio passes for December 31, 2023 (park opening – 5. p.m.) and studio passes for January 1, 2024 (2:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m.) will be sold on the day as usual.
- The park is closed from 17:00 to 19:00 on Sunday, December 31, 2023.
Images provided by Universal Studios Japan
WIZARDING WORLD and all related trademarks, characters, names, and indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR.
Minions and all related elements and indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
TM & © 2022 Sesame Workshop
© 2022 Peanuts Worldwide LLC
TM & © Universal Studios & Amblin Entertainment
TM & © Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Source: Universal Studios Japan
More on Universal Studios Japan
Universal Studios Japan Guidebook
Are you planning a trip to Universal Studios Japan? If so, you need our digital guidebook! Our guidebook is the most comprehensive resource available, covering everything you need to know about the park, including Super Nintendo World, Express Pass, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shows, seasonal events, and more! With our guidebook, you’ll be an expert on Universal Studios Japan before you even set foot in the park. You’ll know what to expect, where to go, and what to do. You’ll also be able to avoid the crowds and make the most of your time at the park.
Book Your Flight
I use Google Flights & Momodo to find affordable flights. Another great way is to sign up for Scott’s Cheap Flights to get notifications of cheap fares, which happens often in Japan. You’ll sometimes stumble on cheap flights to Kansai International Airport.
Buy Your Shinkansen Tickets (Bullet Train)
Getting around Japan by the world-renown bullet train, known as the Shinkansen, is incredibly fast, reliable, and affordable for visitors. You can travel from Tokyo to Osaka in just over 2 hours. Get the JR Rail Pass to save a ton of money on the bullet train for your trip.
Book Your Hotel
Universal Studios Japan has affordable accommodations that are steps away from the Park with easy access to Osaka. I recommend checking prices through Booking.com followed by the hotels directly. Sometimes you’re able to score some incredible deals. Here’s a short list of hotels at Universal Studios Japan I recommend.
- The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan – You’re directly in front of the Park gates and have instant access to Universal CityWalk Osaka. The rooms are gorgeous, with restaurants and even a Lawson (Japanese convenience store).
- The Singulari HOTEL & SKYSPA – Attached to the train station is a fantastic hotel for those who want a comfortable, clean, and stylish place to sleep. After a long day at Universal Studios Japan, the rooftop sento (public bath) is excellent for unwinding and relaxing.
- Hotel Universal Port – This is an excellent hotel for the Minion fan in your family, only a 5-minute walk from Universal Studios Japan. It also boasts the largest breakfast buffet in Japan, a must during your visit.
Buy Your Tickets & Express Pass
In advance, save time and stress by buying your tickets and Express Pass for Universal Studios Japan.
Universal Studios Japan only offers free Wi-Fi at the entrance to the Park. That’s not enough to stay connected and share your day with everyone back home to give them FOMO on Instagram. Here’s how you can stay connected while travelling in Japan.
- Pocket Wi-Fi – If you’re travelling with a group or have multiple devices, this is your best and most affordable way to stay connected to the internet. Pick up and drop off at the airport. Easy.
- Japan SIM Card – If you have an unlocked phone and need a Japanese phone number, this is the best and easiest way.
Get Yourself Travel Insurance
While travelling aboard, having travel insurance protects you against injury, cancellations, illness, and other things you can never predict. Whenever I travel, I always budget for travel insurance to protect myself. I’ve used it, and I’m so glad I had it. My recommended companies are SafteyWing and World Nomads for travel insurance.
Learn More about Universal Studios Japan
Don’t forget to study our in-depth destination guide on Universal Studios Japan for more information on this beautiful park in Osaka.
Some links may be affiliate links to services I recommend. Buying services through these links at no extra cost to you help support TDR Explorer. Please read our full disclosure for more details.