One of the most important things about planning a trip to Universal Studios Japan is knowing when the must-do rides will be closed. Nobody wants to travel all the way to Osaka and find that Flying Dinosaur is not open. Or walk through Hogsmeade to see that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is under refurbishment.
This is where our Universal Studios Japan Ride Closures Calendar makes all the difference. It’ll help you make sure you don’t plan a once in a lifetime trip on the same day a key attraction is closed.
Universal Studios Japan Ride Closure Schedule
This is a list of Universal Studios Japan ride closures for 2019 (including entertainment). Always double-check the official website for the most up-to-date information, which is subject to change without notice.
As of April 2019, the closure schedule only goes up to July 2019. Future ride closure information is released monthly.
Finally, Universal Studios Japan is strict with its maintenance schedule, which means you won’t see attractions open before the date indicated.
Universal Studios Japan Ride Closures
If you’re visiting in June, then be aware that Jurassic Park is closed for most of the month. Fan-favourite JAWS is closed mid-July too.
- Space Fantasy – The Ride: January 9 – July 7, 2019 (Currently has Cool Japan 2019 Lupin the Third overlay)
- Backdraft: May 7 – 18, 2019
- Terminator 2: 3D: May 7 – August 30, 2019
- Snoopy’s Great Race: May 19 – 25, 2019
- Hello Kitty’s Cupcake Dream: May 25 – 31, 2019
- Shrek’s 4-D Adventure: May 26 – August 29, 2019 (Theatre used for Cool Japan 2019 Sailor Moon and Godzilla 4D attractions)
- Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic: May 26 – August 29, 2019 (Theatre used for Cool Japan 2019 Sailor Moon and Godzilla 4D attractions)
- Jurassic Park – The Ride: June 1 – 21, 2019
- JAWS: July 8 – 20, 2019
- Back Draft: August 26 – November 4, 2019
- Space Fantasy – The Ride: September 2 – 3, 2019
- Shrek’s 4-D Adventure: September 6 – November 4, 2019
Universal Studios Japan Entertainment Closures
- Playing with Curious George: June 3 – 16, 2019
We hope this helps you plan your schedule to avoid disappointment during your trip. We don’t want that!
Are you planning a trip to Osaka to visit Universal Studios Japan? Then check out the “TDR Explorer Guide to Universal Studios Japan”. It has 190 pages of our best travel tips and advice to plan the perfect trip to Universal. There are dedicated chapters on Osaka and Kyoto, too!