One of the most important things about planning a trip to Universal Studios Japan is knowing when the must-do rides will be closed. Nobody wants to travel all the way to Osaka and find that Flying Dinosaur is not open. Or walk through Hogsmeade to see that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is under refurbishment.
This is where our Universal Studios Japan Ride Closures Calendar makes all the difference. It’ll help you make sure you don’t plan a once in a lifetime trip on the same day a key attraction is closed.
Universal Studios Japan Ride Closure Schedule
This is a list of Universal Studios Japan ride closures for 2020 (including entertainment). Always double-check the official website for the most up-to-date information, which is subject to change without notice.
As of February 2020, the closure schedule only goes up to May 2020. Future ride closure information is released monthly.
Finally, Universal Studios Japan is strict with its maintenance schedule, which means you won’t see attractions open before the date indicated.
Universal Studios Japan Ride Closures
- Space Fantasy – The Ride: January 6 – June 28, 2020 (Currently has Cool Japan 2020 Attack on Titan overlay)
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man – The Ride 4K3D: February 17 – 26, 2020
- Hello Kitty’s Cupcake Dream: February 21 – 23, 2020
- JAWS: February 27 – March 20, 2020
- Terminator 2:3D: February 27, 2020
- Moppy’s Balloon Trip: March 2 – 11, 2020
- SING On Tour: April 6 – 16, 2020
- Hollywood Dream – The Ride & Hollywood Dream – The Ride ~Backdrop~: April 8 – 22, 2020 (Currently has Cool Japan 2020 Conan the Detective overlay)
- Backdraft: April 9 – 23, 2020
- Shrek’s 4-D Adventure: May 7 – 20, 2020
- Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic: May 7 – 20, 2020
- Jurassic Park – The Ride: May 7 – 24, 2020
Universal Studios Japan Entertainment Closures
- No closures have been scheduled at this time
We hope this helps you plan your schedule to avoid disappointment during your trip. We don’t want that!
Are you planning a trip to Osaka to visit Universal Studios Japan? Then check out the “TDR Explorer Guide to Universal Studios Japan”. It has 190 pages of our best travel tips and advice to plan the perfect trip to Universal. There are dedicated chapters on Osaka and Kyoto, too!