Tokyo Disney Resort Christmas 2019 (Archive)
Disney Christmas returns to Tokyo Disney Resort from November 8 – December 25, 2019, with decorations, food, merchandise, and festive entertainment.
At Tokyo Disneyland, the park will undergo a Christmas makeover, with festive story themed decorations and a 15 meter tall Christmas tree and illuminations display in World Bazaar. While Tokyo DisneySea will host “It’s Christmas Time!”, a musical revue in Meriterean Harbour, featuring Mickey and Friends, Christmas music, and high-tempo choreography.
Read our guide to Christmas at Tokyo Disney Resort for our tips and recommendations. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to visit for Halloween or Christmas, our article on when to visit gives you tips on how to visit the park for both seasons.
It’s important to note that all entertainment is included in your park admission and runs every day during the dates mentioned above. There’s no separate Christmas party event like Walt Disney World.
Christmas at Tokyo Disneyland
The “Disney Christmas Stories” parade stars Mickey and Friends abroad seven festive floats. There are a massive 120 performers and characters in the parade, including Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Scrooge McDuck, Goofy, the Toy Story gang, Lilo, Stitch, and Anna & Elsa.
The parade will be performed twice per day in addition to the regular “Dreaming Up!” parade. There will be two show stops, one between Fantasyland and Westernland, and the second around the Plaza.
Disney Christmas at Disneyland also includes:
- Nighttime illuminations and a 15 meter Christmas Tree in World Bazaar
- Christmas story decorative scenes in front of Cinderella Castle and photo locations in each land
- Special Christmas version of Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights
- Starbright Christmas Fireworks display (visible from both parks)
- Country Bear “Jingle Bell Jamboree” from November 3 – December 28, 2019
- “Haunted Mansion” Holiday Nightmare, the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay returns for Halloween and runs through Christmas, September 9, 2019 – January 5, 2020
- Characters wear Christmas accessories at their greetings
- Festive atmosphere entertainment, including the Bicycle Piano, Fun Maintenance, and Tokyo Disneyland Band
- 65 Christmas merchandise items exclusive to Tokyo Disneyland
- Nostalgic designs with Mickey and Friends riding on a sleigh
- Mickey and Minnie plush wrist bands
- Festive drinking glass set
- 70 more Merchandise items available at both parks
- Snosnow Donald and Daisy
- Christmas Sweaters
- Festive caps and scarfs, including a reindeer Pluto design
- 15 Christmas-inspired menu items in the park
- Hot dog with white cheese
- Creamy seafood served in a bread bowl
- Meal inspired by the Beauty and the Beast parade float
- Special decorations and Christmas menu at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
- Four different Souvenir monorail day pass tickets
Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea
Tokyo DisneySea’s hit new “It’s Christmas Time!” harbor show returns for its second glamourous year.
“It’s Christmas Time!” sees Mickey Mouse and Friends join 120 singers and dancers to perform a festive revue. The show includes classic Christmas music, Christmas trees rising up from the harbor waters, and Duffy and company, along with their good friend Santa Claus!
The show runs for 25 minutes and will be performed three times a day.
Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea also includes;
- Christmas decorations designs unique to each port, including
- 15 meter tall Christmas tree in front of the SS Columbia in America Waterfront
- Donald, José Carioca, and Panchito decorations in Lost River Delta
- The Colors of Christmas nighttime harbor show returns for its final year
- A 15 meter tall Christmas tree in the Mediterranean Harbor
- Mickey and Friends greet guests from aboard a festive boat
- The Colors of Christmas: Afterglow atmosphere display continues after the main show, with the tree display changing color and snow falling
- A seasonal version of Hello, New York! show on the Dockside Stage
- Duffy, ShellieMay, Ariel and other characters wear seasonal outfits for their greetings
- The Tokyo DisneySea Maritime Band and Fun Custodian festive atmosphere entertainment
- Over 50 different merchandise items unique to Tokyo DisneySea
- Plush toys, pouches, stationery featuring “It’s Christmas Time!” designs
- Duffy and Friends Cape Cod winter range
- 15 Christmas food and drink items in the park
- The “Taste of Christmas” food and drink program in American Waterfront, with hot alcoholic drinks and ten different lights snacks
- Shrimp pasta set at Cafe Portofino
- Christmas sandwich at Dockside Diner
- Special decorations and menu items at DisneySea Hotel Miracosta
Information and images from the Tokyo Disney Resort press release.